2011 Hot Chick Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

2011 Hot Chick Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2011 Hot Chick Draft

Postby spodog » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:30 pm

knapplc wrote:How do you propose we do that one, Local TV personalities, or local celebs?

sure, that would work.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:22 pm

I might have to drop out of this one guys, sorry. Too many fantasy leagues and school comin up - just didn't think about it.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:01 am

knapplc wrote:And I hate to be a drag, but the "Local Ringer" is going to be tough. Offhand I can think of two or three girls I'd like to draft, but how am I going to post pictures of them? There is no way I'm walking up to a stranger and telling her that I need her picture, and I think it's in poor taste to do it without their consent ( and could possibly lead to trouble for the Cafe? ).

How do you propose we do that one, Spo? Local TV personalities, or local celebs?

Usually a simple search gets you a pic.

Im in if needed. ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby knapplc » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:43 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
knapplc wrote:And I hate to be a drag, but the "Local Ringer" is going to be tough. Offhand I can think of two or three girls I'd like to draft, but how am I going to post pictures of them? There is no way I'm walking up to a stranger and telling her that I need her picture, and I think it's in poor taste to do it without their consent ( and could possibly lead to trouble for the Cafe? ).

How do you propose we do that one, Spo? Local TV personalities, or local celebs?

Usually a simple search gets you a pic.

Im in if needed. ;-D

Simple search of what? That cute brunette on 12th street? Or are you talking about the local TV people?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:12 pm

Hey spodog,

What about starting this in September? I would play but I am gone for a week in early August, gone for a few days this week, gone for anther week in late August early September and I think there are an adiditional few days in August I am unavailable as well. Could do a September 4th or later start.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Venom » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:23 pm

I like Bungles idea as well. We can call it the "dessert" after all our football drafts are complete ;-D
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby spodog » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:56 am

bungle613 wrote:
What about starting this in September?

We can start whenver the majority want to start. At the current rate of signing up teams, it won't be until Sept anyway. I don't think I'm up to the logistics of trying to slot the starting date around 12 people's vacation and travel schedules, though. I'm too lazy for that. :-?

If you think about it, with a 24 hour window and assuming 12 drafters, you're only on the clock about once every 5 days or so anyway.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:13 pm

It does not matter to me whether I win now or later. Whenever you jokers want to do this is fine with me.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:15 pm

I also support waiting until around when the season starts and most/all fantasy drafts are over - let's make knapp wait as long as possible :-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:27 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:I also support waiting until around when the season starts and most/all fantasy drafts are over - let's make knapp wait as long as possible :-D

Make me wait? I'm in no hurry. The women I'm going to win with aren't going anywhere. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk