Keeper League.. Who to keep? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper League.. Who to keep?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper League.. Who to keep?

Postby tiff80 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:45 am

Standard scoring league. Non-PPR

We keep 3 in our league. I plan on obviously keeping Aaron Rodgers and Chris Johnson.

Now between Calvin Johnson and Darren McFadden, who would you keep? I'm leaning towards Calvin Johnson.
tiff80
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper League.. Who to keep?

Postby LMack » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:59 am

In a non-PPR league I have to say Darren McFadden. There is a bit of an injury risk, but Run DMC is just explosive. He has crazy high upside, and without adding points per reception it's hard to suggest keeping a wide-out here. There is some merit, however, in keeping Megatron for the fact that it would give you a solid and balanced roster going into the draft. It would allow you to draft the best player available and score some value.

Do you know what pick you would have in the upcoming draft? Also, do you have a sense of who is being kept? If people are throwing back stud wide receivers and you can scoop one up early I'd have no regrets about having a RB1/RB2 combo of CJ and McFadden.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby m16a » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:09 am

LMack wrote:In a non-PPR league I have to say Darren McFadden. There is a bit of an injury risk, but Run DMC is just explosive. He has crazy high upside, and without adding points per reception it's hard to suggest keeping a wide-out here. There is some merit, however, in keeping Megatron for the fact that it would give you a solid and balanced roster going into the draft. It would allow you to draft the best player available and score some value.

Do you know what pick you would have in the upcoming draft? Also, do you have a sense of who is being kept? If people are throwing back stud wide receivers and you can scoop one up early I'd have no regrets about having a RB1/RB2 combo of CJ and McFadden.

LMack is correct that much of this is determined by where you are drafting and who has declared their keepers already. If things are WR heavy, keep DMC and CJ. If people seem more likely to hold on, go with Megatron. In fact, go with Megatron regardless. You will have a top 5 player headlining each of your three major positions, that's a marvelous start to things. You'd be able to draft BPA with your first and second picks, possibly scoring a strong top tier WR2 and RB, depending on who drops what. Starting out with that triumvirate would be a nasty combo to face.

Definitely keep Rodgers, Johnson, and Megatron. You've got studs at three positions and you'll have a well balanced squad. Anyway you slice it, good luck out there.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:17 am

Where do you pick in the 1st round? Usually has a lot to do with whether you can replace the stud RB you're losing. If you think you can replace him with Stewart, Ingram, or someone else pretty great, it makes the decision easier.

If you don't pick til end of the 1st, it might lean more towards keeping McFadden.

You might try to trade Chris Johnson for an early 1st (if this is available in your league). I would rather have McFadden and 2 1sts than Chris Johnson and 1 1st. Keep in mind McFadden outscored Chris Johnson last year PPG (at least in PPR, not sure standard) and Tennessee is only more blah on offense.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Indibuck » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:16 pm

Without knowing more about how many you start at each position, and where you pick in the first, my general advice would be to keep Calvin. You would have the chance for the rare triumvirate... top scoring QB, RB, and WR. That's a pretty nice start.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby TruNinerFan » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:23 pm

I have Calvin higher in all formats

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby Venom » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Calvin Johnson for me as well.

If you throw him back I bet he is the first player taken...where as you may have a slim chance at getting McFadden back in the first, depending on where you pick.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:41 pm

I would see if you can somehow trade both of the guys in question for an elite stud. If I had to chose it would be Calvin Johnson. DMac worries me a bit. Not sure why but im just not quite sold on him yet.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby jbird669 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:32 am

Megatron all the way.

Help me? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=490637
My titles
2007 - 12 team 1/2 PPR Keeper League - Untitled JJ Abrams Project
2009 - 12 team ESPN PPR league - Fightin' Amish

Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig
jbird669
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bungle613 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:26 am

I didn't see anyone say this and not sure why ubnless they all have to be from different positions but I would keep CJ, Mega and Dmac and throw Rodgers back. I don't buy a QB as a keeper as the poitn differential is easier to make up usually then at RB or WR.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions