Keeper Question: Got 2, need to decide on a 3rd - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper Question: Got 2, need to decide on a 3rd

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper Question: Got 2, need to decide on a 3rd

Postby passthekiesch » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:34 pm

So I am in a 10-team keeper league, standard scoring, with 0.5 PPR. Each team is allowed to keep 3 players each year, with the caveot being that you can't keep a player for more than 3 consecutive years, no player that was drafted in rounds 1-3 the previous year can be kept, and that the draft pick you sacrifice is based on where the player was selected the year before. (Ex: 10th round in 2010, sacrifice 8th round pick in 2011; 4th round in 2010=2nd rounder in 2011, 14th-17th rounds in 2010=12th round in 2011)

Here are the players that I can choose from to keep and the draft picks I will need to give up for each. The number in parentheses is the number of times a player has been "kept" already. Ray Rice and Jamaal Charles are no brainers, but I need to decide on a 3rd to keep. Also worth mentioning is that I have the 3rd overall pick this year. And some notable players that I am guessing will be kept by others include: LT, Hakeem Nicks, Michael Crabtree, Darren McFadden, Aaron Hernandez, Sidney Rice, Michael Vick, Mike Williams (TB), LeSean McCoy, Dez Bryant, Dustin Keller, Arian Foster, Rashard Mendenhall, Stevie Johnson, Miles Austin, Jermichael Finley, LaGarrette Blount, Peyton Hillis, Joseph Addai, and Dwayne Bowe.

(1) DeSean Jackson- 3rd
(1) Ray Rice- 7th
(1) Jamaal Charles- 10th
Matt Cassel - 12th
Jacob Tamme- 12th
Wes Welker- 2nd
Ahmad Bradshaw- 10th
Joe Flacco- 9th
Mike Goodson- 12th
Donald Brown- 12th
Vincent Jackson- 4th
Shaun Suisham- 12th
New England- 12th
Ryan Torain- 12th

Any thoughts on who my 3rd keeper should be? I have 3 or 4 I am considering.
passthekiesch
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper Question: Got 2, need to decide on a 3rd

Postby Instinctive » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:30 pm

I think you keep Bradshaw.

But it really depends on the lineup requirements. I'm assuming 2 RB and a flex position for the above statement, but 2 RB and 3 WR or something like that changes the game a bit.

If you only keep 2, do you get an extra pick before anyone? If so, I would do that and go WR no matter what your lineups are.

If you must keep 3, and you only start 2 RBs with no flex....then MAYBE I could get behind VJax in the 4th.

Bradshaw that late is super tempting regardless though, and it allows you to hammer the WR position early all draft.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby passthekiesch » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:36 pm

I'm definitely leaning towards Bradshaw. Seems like it might be too hard to pass on.

No reward for keeping less than 3. And lineups are 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 W/R, 1 TE, 1K, 1DEF.
passthekiesch
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Venom » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:18 pm

At first glance the top 3 players on your list look to be the clear cut choices for your keepers, and by the looks of it they were last years decision as well.

I really do like the value of Bradshaw in the 10th, and the fact that he can be plugged in to the starting flex position pretty much makes it a no brainer for me to keep him, and then go WR crazy in the draft.

Chances are you may end up getting Jackson back to you with that 3rd choice anyway.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby LMack » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:14 am

Looking at the possible keeper list of your league mates, there doesn't seem to be that many wide outs. Because of that I have to +1 the Ahmad Bradshaw recommendation. Bradshaw might not produce as much as he did last year with head coach Tom Coughlin wanting to get Brandon Jacobs more carries, but Bradshaw will still be a productive flex play. Having your backs squared away going into the draft is a great thing to have. Also, as far as Philladelphia Eagles receivers I'm not sure DeSean Jackson is the wide out I'd want from that team. He has the big play ability but Jeremy Maclin's developed into a favorite of Mike Vick, so targets could be interesting.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Indibuck » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:35 pm

Yeah I think Bradshaw is the way to go there... he easily presents the best value.

Nicks with that 1.03 overall would be a pretty nice addition....
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:47 pm

Agree with most above. Bradshaw is the best value. He will likely go in the 2nd of most re-drafts so you are gaining an 8 round advantage
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions