Good plan or Crazy?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Good plan or Crazy??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Good plan or Crazy??

Postby T Long » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:39 pm

I'm in a 10 team H2H league that has any 5 keepers each year.
Starts 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1rb/wr, 1def, 1kicker, 6 bench spots
Standard scoring with .5 ppr

I'm pretty set on keeping these 5 guys: Arian Foster, Ray Rice, Hakeem Nicks, Mike Williams (TB), Jonathan Stewart
I will still have a few good keepers left on my roster that I want to try and trade for some draft picks and have a few ideas on doing so and want some opinions on if it can work and if I should try.

The team with the #1 overall pick wont have a good batch of keepers (Jahvid Best, Sidney Rice, Dallas Clark, Steve Smith (NY), Sam Bradford)

I want to offer him this deal:

I give: Any 2 of these players: Vincent Jackson, LeGarrette Blount, DeAngelo Williams, Felix Jones, Matt Ryan and my final round draft pick

I get: His #1 overall draft pick

Do you think he would accept this trade?
Do you think this is giving up too much?
Do you think I should try and give less before offering this trade?
and Do you think I should wait until DeAngelo Williams signs? (only reason I'm considering offering this before he signs is that the league is pretty active and other teams have good trading chips to offer as well)
T Long
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Good plan or Crazy??

Postby Venom » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:48 pm

I would offer him any or all of the players you aren't keeping. You don't need them, and why not use them as a tool to gain something rather than just throw them away?

Odds are you are going to have to offer a pick back..and your last round pick is worthless. Don't even offer it.

Send him an email or something asking if he is interested in any of the players and see where he is at. If he is interested in only 1, offer it with a high pick back, like say 2nd or 3rd.

If he likes 3 or 4, send a lower pick with them, like 7-8th round.

Remember that the players you trade are worth NOTHING to you. Don't be greedy and hesistate to send a decent pick back to make it worth his while.

Good luck ;-D
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby T Long » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:57 pm

Thanks a bunch.

I also want to throw in there that another team could be in the need of a keeper with his keepers being: Tom Brady, Jeremy Maclin, Ahmad Bradshaw, Cedric Benson, and Austin Collie

Should I try and keep possibly Blount or DeAngelo to offer to him for his 2nd or 3rd round pick? or just focus on one trade right now?
T Long
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Venom » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:04 pm

T Long wrote:Thanks a bunch.

I also want to throw in there that another team could be in the need of a keeper with his keepers being: Tom Brady, Jeremy Maclin, Ahmad Bradshaw, Cedric Benson, and Austin Collie

Should I try and keep possibly Blount or DeAngelo to offer to him for his 2nd or 3rd round pick? or just focus on one trade right now?

I wouldn't hold back any player in hopes that someone else MAY want him. Find out what the 1st overall pick owner is interested in and then shoot an offer over to the other guy afterwards with whatever you have left.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:26 pm

These trades are almost impossible. He has no reason to trade you because he can just pick whoever he wants at 1.1. Why would he buy?

You have to trade him a guy you want to keep. Trade him Rice. Then use 1.1 on Ingram

Your team is

Foster/Stewart/Ingram Nicks/VJax/MikeWilliams/other 1st round pick

You have to decide if this is better or worse for you than keeping Rice.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Venom » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:28 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:These trades are almost impossible. He has no reason to trade you because he can just pick whoever he wants at 1.1. Why would he buy?

True, but only if he is interested in just one guy. If he can package a few players it would work.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions