3-Keeper League: MJD, McCoy - WR Trade Also? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

3-Keeper League: MJD, McCoy - WR Trade Also?

Moderator: Football Moderators

3-Keeper League: MJD, McCoy - WR Trade Also?

Postby manicottimafioso » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:33 am

I'm in a 10-team, PPR (RBs, WRs & TEs), keeper league with pretty much standard scoring (except TDs count 6 points for all players). We can only keep 3 players with no positional overlap. I am definitely going to keep Tony Romo as one of my keepers, but I am having a little difficulty in deciding who to keep at RB and WR. Here are my choices currently on my roster:

RB - MJD, Lesean McCoy, Darren McFadden
WR - Brandon Marshall, Steve Johnson, Dez Bryant

Normally, I would keep MJD as my RB, but since it is a PPR league - I am leaning towards McCoy instead. I do not like any of my WRs as keepers though.

1st - Who would you keep from my current options?
2nd - Would you make any of the below trades instead?

Trade #1 - Give MJD for Greg Jennings (I would then probably keep McCoy, Jennings, & Romo)
Trade #2 - Give 2nd or 3rd round pick for Andre Johnson & later round pick (I would then keep either MJD or McCoy, Johnson, & Romo)

Sorry, this is long, but this is my dillemma. Any help would be appreciated and WHIR!!!
10-team 3-keeper PPR 1QB/2RB/3WR/Flex/TE/K/DST
Starters:
QB-RGIII
RB-Peterson,McFadden,Spiller(flex)
WR-Marshall,Bowe,StJohnson
TE-Witten
K-Crosby
DST-Steelers
Bench:Romo,Ridley,Ballard,Gerhart,DeWilliams,Amendola,MiWilliams,Hill,Rudolph
manicottimafioso
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 3-Keeper League: MJD, McCoy - WR Trade Also?

Postby Venom » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:58 am

I like trade #2 better, especially if you can trade a 3rd round pick and get AJ.

If you can do this, I'd keep McCoy, McFadden and AJ.

If not, I would go with trade #1 and trade MJD (who you aren't keeping) and keep McCoy, McFadden and Jennings.

I know you want to keep Romo because of the 6 pt TDs, but you have to think ADP here and who will be available to you in the draft.

Best case scenario is to make BOTH trades, and go into the draft with McCoy, AJ and Jennings with RB/QB on your mind.

Good luck ;-D
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby manicottimafioso » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:44 am

Thanks Venom, but I cannot keep more than 1 player at any 1 position. I cannot keep both McCoy and McFadden (which I would definitely do!!!).

Thanks for the help though.
10-team 3-keeper PPR 1QB/2RB/3WR/Flex/TE/K/DST
Starters:
QB-RGIII
RB-Peterson,McFadden,Spiller(flex)
WR-Marshall,Bowe,StJohnson
TE-Witten
K-Crosby
DST-Steelers
Bench:Romo,Ridley,Ballard,Gerhart,DeWilliams,Amendola,MiWilliams,Hill,Rudolph
manicottimafioso
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)

Postby LMack » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:59 am

The inability to keep more than 1 at a position is tough. I think your best bet is to take the second trade, but only if you can't get a WR slightly better than Greg Jennings. If you could land AJ in this format, that would be huge. I wouldn't do the first trade. I think Greg Jennings is going to regress some this year. Jermichael Finley is going to be back in GB and he is likely to sap at least some of Jennings' production. I expect MJD to outproduce Jennings. I wouldn't be opposed to moving MJD though if you can get a buyer. I would try to package Romo and MJD to land a Rodgers or Brees like QB if that is possible. You could trade MJD for Antonio Gates, and I'd keep him over Romo.

Ideally, I would keep Andre Johnson, LeSean McCoy, and Aaron Rodgers/Drew Brees
Or, Andre Johnson, LeSean McCoy, and Antonio Gates.

It would be a shame to throw MJD back into the draft, but if it is a full point PPR McCoy is definitely the back to keep. So, to summarize I would first try to move MJD for a better wideout than Jennings. If you can't, I would do the second trade. After doing the second trade, I would try to move MJD for an elite quarterback or a top tight end.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby bmor8811 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:15 pm

Yea I agree with the above posts, as well, but the fact that you're getting AJ in the second trade ends the conversation for me.

You get to keep a first rounder, still could keep McCoy or MJD along with the Romo. That's the BEST wide reciever, period. If you can land him, keep your QB keeper, RB keeper, 1st round pick, AND significantly upgrade a hole in your lineup at WR you have to get that done.

All things being equal MJD is significantly more safe I think, BUT with that said, McCoy is the pick here. 1 pt per rec, younger, dynamic offense about to explode this year.... Id get the trade and then take this trio into the draft with ya:

Romo, McCoy, AJ
;-D
Thanks Leber for the sig!!
bmor8811
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterCafecaster

Postby Indibuck » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:33 pm

bmor8811 wrote:Yea I agree with the above posts, as well, but the fact that you're getting AJ in the second trade ends the conversation for me.

You get to keep a first rounder, still could keep McCoy or MJD along with the Romo. That's the BEST wide reciever, period. If you can land him, keep your QB keeper, RB keeper, 1st round pick, AND significantly upgrade a hole in your lineup at WR you have to get that done.

All things being equal MJD is significantly more safe I think, BUT with that said, McCoy is the pick here. 1 pt per rec, younger, dynamic offense about to explode this year.... Id get the trade and then take this trio into the draft with ya:

Romo, McCoy, AJ
;-D

+1 -- good advice here.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby bungle613 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:12 pm

YOu may have a brillaint chance at packaging 2 for 1 deals and starting the season extremely elite.

Currently rostered you have 5-7 bonafide keepers. Start looking to teams short on keepers that have one elite talent and make a deal.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bmor8811 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:27 am

Yea, a deal with Dez and a RB maybe or even Marshall if someone has faith in MIA QBs could land a top RB like AP, CJ2K to go along with AJ. But like I said if that deal for AJ is possible, make it official, now.
Thanks Leber for the sig!!
bmor8811
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterCafecaster

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions