Best sleeper (if any) on the Rams? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best sleeper (if any) on the Rams?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Best sleeper (if any) on the Rams?

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:25 am

Guru13 wrote:This is the second or third time I've mentioned this but there is so much love for Salas right now and it doesn't make any sense. He's got excellent hands and apparently doesn't mind going over the middle but the more I read the more I'm convinced of what I originally thought of him. He's gonna need serious route running help and he's not even a big red zone target. In fact he's not even the biggest receiver they drafted - both Pettis and Kendricks are bigger, and Pettis' hands are also considered a strong point of his game. Salas is likely going to be most successful in the slot and not only is that Amendola's spot, if Salas were to start getting playing time there it would only be a small amount. Amendola's yards after the catch is a slight concern but I more or less watched every Ram's game last year and there's no doubt in my mind that he's got that spot locked down.

I have Salas in 1 dynasty, Pettis in another, even though I believe in Salas alot more it's gonna be a fun situation to follow because I think I'll win with either or. I really don't care who ends up the stud, I just think 1 will. I really disagree about Amendola. I saw a bunch of him with Dallas, Tech, and he's the same player now. If he had that spot locked down there is no way, or reason they even draft Salas that early and waste a pick. He's an average talent at WR at best, who was forced into playing time due to injuries and lack of talent.

I don't know how you don't see Salas is better then him at everything, top to bottom, and by quite a bit. He just won't be pushed to the side, but he's not better then Pettis and is a worse version of what Salas is, a guy the new coaching regime is a fan of. Amendola is going to get pushed down to the bottom of the roster once again, he's not a starting caliber WR for any team in the NFL. His yards after the catch is no fluke, he came from that Mike Leach offense so he has some worth, but he's a gimmick player from a gimmick offense, that only goes so far.

Yes, I also know that Salas came from the school of June Jones which isn't much different. Salas is just more explosive, runs excellent routes(really not sure why you think he doesn't, and nothing you could have read could have said much about it because there hasn't been anything official going on), has better hands, and is a much better athlete with a higher ceiling.

Amendola is what he is. Salas has potential to be alot better and he's already better then Amendola. Somebody had to catch passes last year, this year watch how fast Amendola sinks to the bottom of the depth chart. I also don't think you have to be a big red zone target to be productive in a Josh McDaniels offense so that's not a sticking point for me at all.

I'm not confident at all in who will be the guy to own, because for all the talk these 3 guys get, Clayton and Avery are in it as well. I am just sure Salas is twice as good as Amendola and I do know it'll be a cake walk to take over that role and rack up a ton of catches. I'll take my gamble on a guy racking up a ton of catches underneath.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:48 am

I've read multiple times that Salas is gonna have a major transition to running NFL routes - now that's not from my observation, just what I've read. Amendola is not the most talented WR, I'm not arguing that but the dude has excellent hands once again, knows his role in the offense and is tough as nails, the coaching staff likes him plenty. Salas is a rookie, which as we know adds a fair amount of uncertainty, and as I mentioned seems destined for a slot role. Pettis on the other hand can play all over the field and has always had a nose for the endzone. I still think Danario is the ultimate winner here, but I guess we'll see how it plays out.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby u_fig_eater » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:51 am

Even more confusion as STL just signed Mike Sims-Walker (per Rotoworld).
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby murphysxm » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:25 am

All this means to me is I will be avoiding St. Louis recievers as a whole and I am starting to really like Bradford this year.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Previous

Return to Football Talk