Titus Young, Jake Locker or Luis Murphy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Titus Young, Jake Locker or Luis Murphy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Titus Young, Jake Locker or Luis Murphy

Postby Minnesota Puckett » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:47 am

I have to cut one of these three in the next day and dont know which one too cut. Any thoughts? This is a points based Dynasty team with IDP. My roster is as follows.

QB Peyton Manning Colts
RB Knosean Moreno Broncos
RB LaGarrette Blount Bucs
WR Michael Crabtree 49ers
WR Braylan Edwards Jets
WR Louis Murphy Raiders
TE Owen Daniels Texans
DL Justin Tuck Giants
DL Darnell Dockett Cardinals
LB Ray Lewis Ravens
LB Karlos Dansby Dolphins
CB Tramon Williams Packers
S Troy Palumalu Steelers

Bench/WR Danny Amendola Rams
Bench/S William Moore Falcons
Bench Matt Cassel Chiefs
Bench Wes Welker Patriots
Bench Randy Moss FA
Bench Julio Jones Falcons
Bench Leanard Hankerson Redskins
Bench Roy Helu Redskins
Bench Titus Young Lions
Jake Locker Titans

Thnaks in advance for your help.
Minnesota Puckett
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Titus Young, Jake Locker or Luis Murphy

Postby knapplc » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:50 am

Cut Locker. His chances of NFL success are slim and none. He is way too inaccurate to make a living throwing the ball.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby m16a » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:12 am

Hey Minnesota,

First off, welcome to the cafe. I see you've been a member for a while, and you're just now getting to posting. I hope you'll plan to stick around and enjoy the people, info, and tools the cafe offers. I have moved your post to the "Draft, Trade, Keeper, and Waiver Questions" forum. You'll get much better and quicker responses there. We've got some pretty smart fellers on our "Response Team" (guys who have been noted for their ability to respond to questions like this and give good answers) who will hopefully chime in with their advice.

Also, I'd agree with Knapp. I'd drop Locker. He's probably my least favorite QB of this past year's class. Not to mention, he's gonna be playing for TEN, where he'll have next to nothing to throw to (Britt's got all that legal trouble, who knows how much of the field he'll see.). Good luck out there. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby bungle613 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:22 am

Locker. He may see the field this year but on a terrible team and barring injuires to your QB1 and QB2 will never see your active roster. Even if you have to filed him, he won't win you any games, you would be better suited to trade for a QB at that point.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Venom » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:25 am

Agreed. Locker is farther down the list than the three you have listed. Like bungle says I doubt he will ever see your active roster.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby Instinctive » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:21 pm

I would keep Titus Young.

What are you doing with this team? Aside from Tuck/Polomalu and Crabtree/Edwards your team is either quite old, or very young.

I think you need to commit one way or another. Murphy's not going to be a championship piece. I don;t think you can acquire enough RB and WR talent to make a title push now.

You have some pieces with value in Ray Lewis, Peyton, Welker...If I were you, I'd be blowing this sucker up. Cassel can hold you over at QB. Blount's a young guy with promise. Outlook not so good on Knowshon, but worth keeping for sure.

You first have to decide what to do with your team. It looks like it has no purpose with the roster as is. If you go win now, go after it hard and drop Locker. If you go future, trade those aging guys for some future firsts and guys with promise, and drop Murphy.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:42 pm

Definitely agreed on Locker. He won't start for you. Ever. One way or the other.
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Instinctive » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:12 pm

I am by no means a Locker fan...but people are being a bit hard on him here. He probably starts this season, he's got incredible physical talent, he's a first round QB...may as well see if he's good this year - especially since you aren't going to be winning this year anyway.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:27 pm

On the premise I'd rather have 5% odds at $100 than 50/50 on $1 I'd keep Locker over Titus and Murphy. I think Murphy has least trade value. Moss is also an option but I'd try to get a future 2nd or 3rd for him before dropping him outright.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:29 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:On the premise I'd rather have 5% odds at $100 than 50/50 on $1 I'd keep Locker over Titus and Murphy. I think Murphy has least trade value. Moss is also an option but I'd try to get a future 2nd or 3rd for him before dropping him outright.

great advice thrifty. I see Locker as boom/bust... and by the end of 2011 we will know which way he's trending. Hold on to your lottery ticket. I would dump Murphy.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions