Who do I keep, Rice or Bradshaw? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who do I keep, Rice or Bradshaw? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who do I keep, Rice or Bradshaw? WHIR

Postby wyld stallions » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:48 am

I am in a 10 team, PPR league. 1pt/10 yds receiving and rushing, 6pt/td except 4pts/td thrown

I am in a crazy league where you do not know where you are drafting until all keepers are in.

I can keep Rice and lose my 1st round pick or Bradshaw and lose my 9th round pick. I am not sure if I should roll the dice or play it safe. Bradshaw and losing my 9th round pick would be nice if I could land one of the guys below. But if I get a high pick I would fall out of the top RB's.

There will be 2 guys losing their first round pick so I would be in the top 8.

Also, do you think Welker is worth keeping and lose my 6th round pick?

Available looks like:

RB: Chris Johnson, J Charles, McFadden, Rice (if I don't keep), Forte, McCoy, Mendenhall, Gore, Moreno, Jackson...etc
WR: Calvin, White, Fitz, Bowe, Wallace...etc
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Brees, Rivers
wyld stallions
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who do I keep, Rice or Bradshaw? WHIR

Postby bungle613 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:06 am

You probably should do your due dilligence and figure out who is being kept, should be fairly easy with only 1 keeper. I don't think you can pass on Bradshaw for a 8th. That is great value. He is currently going in the 3rd. Rice or someone as good, potentially better or just slightly worse will be avaialbe with your 1st round pick and then you are ahead of the game with 2 top 36 picks under your belt already.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Venom » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:07 am

Since you can only keep 1, Bradshaw for a 9th round pick is insane value and should be the route you take, and looks to me like if you toss Rice back you will at a minimum be able to snag a Gore/McFadden even if you end up with the lowest (8th) pick.

;-D
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby wyld stallions » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:16 am

We can keep 2 player, that we drafted, but they have to play diff. positions. I think Bradshaw for a 9th pick and Welker for a 6th pick are great value. The list I gave is pretty much the keepers, pending a late change tonight.
wyld stallions
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Venom » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:21 am

wyld stallions wrote:We can keep 2 player, that we drafted, but they have to play diff. positions. I think Bradshaw for a 9th pick and Welker for a 6th pick are great value. The list I gave is pretty much the keepers, pending a late change tonight.

I also agree that Welker for a 6th is good value. He is going late 3rd/early 4th in some mocks I have seen.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby LMack » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:37 am

Hate throwing back Rice but you have to here. With only 1 keeper there will be a lot of talent available in the draft and it would be in your best interest to have early picks.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:43 pm

wyld stallions wrote:We can keep 2 player, that we drafted, but they have to play diff. positions. I think Bradshaw for a 9th pick and Welker for a 6th pick are great value. The list I gave is pretty much the keepers, pending a late change tonight.

I don't disagree at all with your thinking here. That's who I would keep over Rice -- there's just no value for keeping him in lieu of a top-8 pick.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:21 pm

If you are going to lose a first rounder you dont want it to be a guy who will be drafted 6th to 8th in the first. There are only about 3 guys who warrant losing a first for. Chris Johnson, Arian, ADP. Any others you are better off seeking value.

Bradshaw in the 9th is awesome value. He may not be in the same catagory as Rice who is a monster in PPR leagues but you still have a shot at getting Rice back.

Go with your Gut in Bradshaw and Welker
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:21 pm

I will jump on the bandwagon here. I am all about value in determining keepers. I don't see any scenario that would make Rice a better value than Bradshaw in this scenario
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby pokashark24 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:46 pm

I am a HUGE Ray Rice fan! However, a 1st round pick for him or a 9th round pick for Bradshaw? You gotta go with the value and keep Bradshaw here. You can still end up with a nice RB even if you are late in the 1st round (maybe Forte or something).

I agree that Welker is a good value as a round 6 pick. The PPR definitely helps there.
pokashark24
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions