Live Draft or Slow Draft poll - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Live Draft or Slow Draft poll

Moderator: Football Moderators

Do you want a slow or live draft?

Slow draft
67%
Live draft
33%

Total votes : 12

Re: Live Draft or Slow Draft poll

Postby thebigsmooth » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:41 pm

So where do we stand?
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:11 pm

we stand at only 8 responses. I will try to ferret out those who haven't replied and try and contact them.
thinking that we may try a morphing of slow and live draft. If we can all agree to spend a few hours online on any given day (I am off every other weekend, off this one) we can knock out many rounds and get ahead of the game. we need to have the missing parties sign in and we can get started as soon as possible. Smelling a lot of football in the 90 plus degree air. :-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby thebigsmooth » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:29 am

Sounds good. I am going to be gone Aug 7th-10th at a conference for work. I will be unable for the most part during the day on those days unless I can get a good signal on my phone (possibly). I can check in the evening those days. Should work. I will come up with something on my end for then.
The same goes Aug 15-17th as the family and I are going to Mackinaw City but I should be able to stay on top of things.

Looking forward to the start of football and fantasy. Wish the players and owners would quit screwing around and get it done. I can't wait to find out where all the FA's are going to end up. Hopefully Mayhew pulls in a LB and CB. With Sackus getting hurt now might need to bring in a T. <Starting to shake> I need me some football. :-L
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby scrumtalecent » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:03 am

I voted live draft. If you cannot find 3 or 4 hours of your life to set aside for something as important as a fantasy draft, then something's wrong. :-)
Thank you soty!
scrumtalecent
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby gunpowder » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:52 pm

I am for a slow draft. I can only do a live draft on a Saturday or Sunday. If that works on the weekend, then I am down for either way.
gunpowder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Calyxes » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:05 pm

scrumtalecent wrote:I voted live draft. If you cannot find 3 or 4 hours of your life to set aside for something as important as a fantasy draft, then something's wrong. :-)

You sir said it best! ;-D
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:10 pm

Thanks Gunpowder and Scrumtalecent for the fast replies. Still have not heard from Motown Blues.
Look, I have no issues with a slow or live draft. The majority wish for a slow draft, but due to time concerns (especially if they ever get a new CBA agreed upon) we may have to set aside a set time where we can speed through the slow draft. If we spend a couple hours on some designated day, we could get through a lot of rounds and have plenty of time to finish.
If we do not here from Motown by noonish tomorrow I will send and invite to a couple people that may have interest and we can get the show on the road. I'm sure we have lots of time, but I am dying to get things rolling.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Calyxes » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:58 am

I will work with ever option we need to use. I just want to get a draft going this year, I have not drafted in any league of mine this year yet
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thebigsmooth » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:05 am

moochman wrote:Thanks Gunpowder and Scrumtalecent for the fast replies. Still have not heard from Motown Blues.
Look, I have no issues with a slow or live draft. The majority wish for a slow draft, but due to time concerns (especially if they ever get a new CBA agreed upon) we may have to set aside a set time where we can speed through the slow draft. If we spend a couple hours on some designated day, we could get through a lot of rounds and have plenty of time to finish.
If we do not here from Motown by noonish tomorrow I will send and invite to a couple people that may have interest and we can get the show on the road. I'm sure we have lots of time, but I am dying to get things rolling.

Sounds like a plan. I like the idea of "faster" slow draft.
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:21 pm

Slow draft can work as long as guys check in frequently instead of just waiting for a PM that they're up. If you're gonna be away for any length of time, leave your picks with someone. And have an idea who you're targeting before your pick comes up so you're prepared.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

PreviousNext

Return to Detroit Lions