Need to drop 2 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need to drop 2

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need to drop 2

Postby bungle613 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:37 pm

A dynasty league with unique settings. NOt sure if it is optimal but this is what I have been starting for the most part and I am 2 time defending champ. 2 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE and then IDP and it is a standard scoring league. Have a great starting 13 and decent immediate depth so looking to keep younger players who can become something.

Which 2 would you drop

Jimmy Clausen, QB, CAR
Ben Obamanu, WR, SEA
Legedu Naanee, WR, SD
Eddie Royal, WR, DEN
Brian Hartline, WR, MIA
Andre Roberts, WR, ARI
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need to drop 2

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:07 pm

bungle613 wrote:Jimmy Clausen, QB, CAR
Ben Obamanu, WR, SEA
Legedu Naanee, WR, SD
Eddie Royal, WR, DEN
Brian Hartline, WR, MIA
Andre Roberts, WR, ARI

I would drop Obamanu and Hartline. All of those WR's are close.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:11 pm

I would drop Claussen and Hartline. Both had some opportunities (albeit limited) and didn't do much... These are the two I think that are least likely to make an impact down the road.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby m16a » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:17 pm

Agree with Clausen and Hartline. The other guys at least have SOME chance of being worth something. Naanee has actually showed flashes of being a usable player. Could end up the WR2 for SD. That's a far off possibility, but at least it's some upside.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Venom » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:23 pm

Out of those I think the two I would not worry about stashing away on a dynasty roster would be...

Hartline...had a chance last year to prove himself starting aside from Marshall and actually had two less touchdowns than the year before. So-so skill set, and Miami also has Bess and 2011 4th round pick Gates...who will probably end up with Hartlines spot anyway.

Clausen...10 games last year for 3 times the INTs vs TDs. They had a reason for drafting Cam Newton.

Obviously my opinions, but in your situation these would be my 2 cuts.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:24 pm

I could go with the 2 above to. I just thought I read that Clausen might start the season and in a 2 qb league QB's become much more valuable.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby pokashark24 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:55 am

My initial thought was to drop Clausen for sure...but since it is a 2 QB league and you just looking for youth as your back-ups (with possible upside) I would keep Clausen.

Maybe Clausen gets traded or gets to see some playing time if Newton gets hurt or something. I think the QB is worth stashing.

Honestly, all those WRs are pretty close. I would def drop Hartline though. Don't see much upside there.

It might sound a little crazy but I say you drop Royal. Legedu and Obamanu both showed some flashes of talent last year and could become #2 WRs on their teams. (prob not, but maybe). Since you are looking for upside keep those two guys and drop Royal, you already know what you are getting with him....not much.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=490659
pokashark24
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bungle613 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:07 am

So I traded Roberts and now need to cut 3. Arggh.

I think the consensus is that other than Hartline it is a crap shoot so maybe I will just pin the list to a wall and throw 3 darts.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Indibuck » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:11 am

bungle613 wrote:So I traded Roberts and now need to cut 3. Arggh.

I think the consensus is that other than Hartline it is a crap shoot so maybe I will just pin the list to a wall and throw 3 darts.

Uggh. I liked Roberts the best on that list.

I just read that Naanee is not expected to re-sign in SD... he may end up elsewhere, but he's not going to have Rivers throwing to him anymore.... there's your third to go with Claussen and Hartline.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby bungle613 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:20 am

Indibuck wrote:
bungle613 wrote:So I traded Roberts and now need to cut 3. Arggh.

Uggh. I liked Roberts the best on that list.

I just read that Naanee is not expected to re-sign in SD... he may end up elsewhere, but he's not going to have Rivers throwing to him anymore.... there's your third to go with Claussen and Hartline.

Had to do it. A free agent became available then I wanted so needed to cut the deal. I meesed up the draft a bit in the late rounds, traded rounds 3-5 away so didn't pay much attention to it.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions