RB/WR combos - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

RB/WR combos

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: RB/WR combos

Postby Pitfan2782 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:25 pm

Nice to see there are different opinions on the matter. I personally never look or care if I have a rb and wr on the same team. Actually, when I had foster and johnson, I pretty much knew what I was going to get from the two combined. If one had a bad game, the other usually picked up the slack.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
Pitfan2782
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB/WR combos

Postby P1Army » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:43 pm

I think a good QB WR combo is lovely. I call it the double dip, There is a good chance you'll score a 10 or 12 point TD, it's great. Granted bye weeks suck and sometimes your your team will get shut down...i don't like the idea of having more than a QB WR tandem on the same team. All the other opinions here are relevant. Typically if a game goes south the strategy goes to heavy passing and your RB suffers. If your team is in the lead it goes heavy rush and your wide receiver suffers...there is a chance that 2 different games could go opposite ways and both players suffer but the chances are higher of 2 players having a good game independently. WR and running back are counter strategies. Whereas QB WR are dependent on each other success for one invariably means success for the other.

I do want to stress that during the draft you should take the best valued player available on the board regardless of team and use the trading block to balance yourself out if necessary.
Send questions direct to my twitter account @gallegosdavidm
P1Army
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions