RB Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

RB Rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: RB Rankings

Postby ben jammin » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:52 pm

If those are your best choices at RB, maybe look at a WR or a top QB and then get your RB at the turn.
ben jammin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wolfpac11680 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:26 am

I'm keeping Vick and Calvin Johnson and I have last pick in round 1 so I HAVE to go RB.
Wolfpac11680
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Instinctive » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Wolfpac11680 wrote:I'm keeping Vick and Calvin Johnson and I have last pick in round 1 so I HAVE to go RB.

Why? Why not just make your strength stronger and go WR? RBs appear all the time on the WW - a game here, two games there, a guy like Blount (who was decent, but nothing special last year) and a late hit on a RB and you're sitting pretty.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby Wolfpac11680 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Well my plan was to go RB and WR since I'm at the turn. With 10 teams that's along time to wait on a RB by the time I pick in the 3rd round
Wolfpac11680
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Instinctive » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:45 pm

Wolfpac11680 wrote:Well my plan was to go RB and WR since I'm at the turn. With 10 teams that's along time to wait on a RB by the time I pick in the 3rd round

That's the point though, isn't it? If you can lock up an elite WR and QB corps, all studs (and I might even go for an elite TE as well), then you can spend the entire rest of the draft shotgunning RBs:

Fred Jackson
CJ Spiller
Mike Goodson
Beanie Wells
Michael Bush
Marshawn Lynch (going late 4th in 12 teamers, thats what, late 5th in a ten team draft?)
Mike Tolbert
Brandon Jacobs
Shane Vereen
Pierre Thomas
Mike Leshoure
Roy Helu
Ryan Torain

That is the list of guys I can think of off the top of my head that I would be comfortable with 5-6+ of these guys as my only RBs. I would much rather already be set with no worries at QB, WR, and TE and then be mixing and matching RBs all year.
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Frank Gore is one of the hardest RB's to value of recent years. There are people that invested high on him the years he got hurt, and hate him, people that avoid him like the plague and see him as too risky and people like myself who draft him lower than he should go every couple of years and LOVE him, esp in PPR's. For me, there is absolutely now way in the world I would take Forte over Gore. Forte's value comes almost entirely from catches, I just don't see him as an elite runner. Gore is the whole package and has a coach who has publicly stated that he has been under utilized. Is he an injury risk, yes. Does he have the talent to be the top back in fantasy, yes.

I don't think I have the guts to draft this way, but my guts says Gore is the #3 RB at the end of the year in PPR's.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Postby ShaqAttaq13 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Instinctive wrote:
Wolfpac11680 wrote:I'm keeping Vick and Calvin Johnson and I have last pick in round 1 so I HAVE to go RB.

Why? Why not just make your strength stronger and go WR? RBs appear all the time on the WW - a game here, two games there, a guy like Blount (who was decent, but nothing special last year) and a late hit on a RB and you're sitting pretty.

Seriously? WR's are the position that comes out of no where all the time. Not RBs. See Miles Austin, Brandon Lloyd, Stevie Johnson.

WR "studs" can easily fall off a cliff. Remember last year when they were debating Andre Johnson or Randy Moss as WR #1 overall? Remember like 2 years ago when Calvin Johnson finished with like 800 yards and 4 tds with injuries? Or Greg Jennings from 2 years ago?

Take Gore or Forte. Not sure why you are even contemplating Moreno. There is some stat along the lines of he had the most carries of any RB to not break a 20 yard run all season. And there are rumors everywhere that John Fox wants to bring DeAngelo Williams to Denver.
ShaqAttaq13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Instinctive » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:17 pm

ShaqAttaq13 wrote:
Instinctive wrote:

Seriously? WR's are the position that comes out of no where all the time. Not RBs. See Miles Austin, Brandon Lloyd, Stevie Johnson.

WR "studs" can easily fall off a cliff. Remember last year when they were debating Andre Johnson or Randy Moss as WR #1 overall? Remember like 2 years ago when Calvin Johnson finished with like 800 yards and 4 tds with injuries? Or Greg Jennings from 2 years ago?

Take Gore or Forte. Not sure why you are even contemplating Moreno. There is some stat along the lines of he had the most carries of any RB to not break a 20 yard run all season. And there are rumors everywhere that John Fox wants to bring DeAngelo Williams to Denver.

That's 3 guys in three years. I'm not really sure which Calvin Johnson season you are referring to, because in 4 seasons, the only one he hasn't pushed 1000 yards was his injury riddled ROOKIE year. And you were worried about Andre Johnson last year? The guy finished as a top 3 PPG wideout. Exactly what you wanted from him.

I would be goign WR and QB, and maybe TE. RBs by far have the highest injury risk and the most "out of nowhere" starts. Not necessarily studs growing on trees, but RBs appear all the time from the mid-late rounds/ww
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby ShaqAttaq13 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:34 pm

Instinctive wrote: And you were worried about Andre Johnson last year? The guy finished as a top 3 PPG wideout. Exactly what you wanted from him.

I see your point, but just an FYI I wasn't concerned about Johnson. I brought up the Johnson/Moss debate to make my point about Moss. Granted the majority of people argued for Johnson, but there were debates for Moss as the overall #1 WR. And certainly top 3 was consensus. And look at the year he had.
ShaqAttaq13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions