Dynasty League trade, Mike Williams for Blount? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Dynasty League trade, Mike Williams for Blount?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty League trade, Mike Williams for Blount?

Postby AngryLionsFAn » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:58 pm

Hey guys, I'm in a very unique keeper league where we keep 5 players and have an annual 5 rd. rookie draft. You then keep 2 rookies you didn't start the entire year before. I'm sitting on Blount and Arelious Benn for rookies. Someone whants to trade me Mike Williams TB for Blount.

I already have:

Frank Gore
MJD
Hillis
Roddy White
Vjax/Malcolm Floyd/Austin Collie (one of these 3 depending on how free agency shakes out).

Part of me thinks I should just go for it because I virtually don't have any need to draft a RB until much later since I have a very solid RB Corp already.

Then I think about durability with who I have. MJD came off of knee issues that held him back last year, Gore is a wrecking ball and they'll run him until his wheels fall off which I hate to think will probably happen in the next couple seasons, Hillis will probably get less touches and have much less of an impact with Hardesty in the picture.

So what do you guys think?

Would you roll the dice and take Williams, or keep Blount for some safety blanket depth?
AngryLionsFAn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty League trade, Mike Williams for Blount?

Postby Indibuck » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:11 pm

is the league PPR? how many do you start at each position? is there a flex spot?
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby bungle613 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:12 pm

They are not too far apart based on current ADP. For me, Williams is a better keeper as I am not sold on Blount. But, I think you can squeeze more out of the guy for Blount. See what he will offer in picks for you as well would be my opinion.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Venom » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:42 pm

I agree with you in the fact that although your RB core is talented, it is also older and injury prone.

In a dynasty and your current RB situation I'd hold onto a young Blount.

Since the guy probably has a need for RB, offer up Gore or MJD to him and see what he offers back.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby mattb47 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:46 pm

bungle613 wrote:They are not too far apart based on current ADP. For me, Williams is a better keeper as I am not sold on Blount. But, I think you can squeeze more out of the guy for Blount. See what he will offer in picks for you as well would be my opinion.

I agree with bungle, I'm not completely sold on Blount personally as a guy who will be a year in and year out producer but I think Williams definitely has the situation and potential to do just that. I do think you can probably swing a bit more if you try though so I would try it to get more first but I would probably still take it in the end if you can't.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:59 pm

Yup try to get a little more and if you cant take it. Im also not completely sold on Blount
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby dblj9911 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:45 am

Well if you assume that all the players are healthy all season and produce there normal season I don't see the point of making this deal. Unless you could package say Hillis and Williams after for a better rb, then I don't see the point of making this deal. You have 3 quality rb's and two top wr's so there isn't room for a ton of improvment. I do like Williams as a top wr in another year or so, but for now I'd rather have VJax and White. Good luck.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=490687
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)

Postby MadDog36 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:47 am

keep Blount. Deal him Hillis for his Williams. That would help you more. Free Blount for a keeper.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:40 pm

mattb47 wrote:
bungle613 wrote:They are not too far apart based on current ADP. For me, Williams is a better keeper as I am not sold on Blount. But, I think you can squeeze more out of the guy for Blount. See what he will offer in picks for you as well would be my opinion.

I agree with bungle, I'm not completely sold on Blount personally as a guy who will be a year in and year out producer but I think Williams definitely has the situation and potential to do just that. I do think you can probably swing a bit more if you try though so I would try it to get more first but I would probably still take it in the end if you can't.

Hit the nail on the head. I'd try for more and then "settle" for the straight up deal if need be. I'd definitely rather have Williams than Blount in a dynasty or keeper setup ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AngryLionsFAn » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:19 am

Indibuck wrote:is the league PPR? how many do you start at each position? is there a flex spot?

Sorry, should have added that. Non - PPR, 3 WRs, 2 RBs, no flex players.
AngryLionsFAn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions