Dynasty League trade, Mike Williams for Blount? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Dynasty League trade, Mike Williams for Blount?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Dynasty League trade, Mike Williams for Blount?

Postby AngryLionsFAn » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:35 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
bungle613 wrote:They are not too far apart based on current ADP. For me, Williams is a better keeper as I am not sold on Blount. But, I think you can squeeze more out of the guy for Blount. See what he will offer in picks for you as well would be my opinion.

I agree with bungle, I'm not completely sold on Blount personally as a guy who will be a year in and year out producer but I think Williams definitely has the situation and potential to do just that. I do think you can probably swing a bit more if you try though so I would try it to get more first but I would probably still take it in the end if you can't.

Hit the nail on the head. I'd try for more and then "settle" for the straight up deal if need be. I'd definitely rather have Williams than Blount in a dynasty or keeper setup ;-D

Yeah, this is where I'm struggling. Blount is a good insurance policy and I don't think he's going to be more then a "serviceable" 900-1,200 / 8 TD kinda guy if he gets the brunt of the carries. I see better long term potential in Williams at this point too.

We've been toying with this trade since the end of last season without really committing to it and I think it's better served as a "speculation trade" prior to drafting too, but I may be better served sitting tight.

I honestly don't think I'll get great value for Blount in our league unless someone really needs a RB. We have a bunch of tight@$$es in our league that won't make trades unless it blatantly benefits them in the end result, and then the rest of the guys are kinda wishy washy and don't put in much effort to build a good team. Last year I was trying to Trade Hillis after he started blowing up to a guy that had Manning AND Romo, and he wouldn't take it! The guy's only solid starter at RB was Jamal Charles.

I may have to really think about doing this though if I want to follow through with my strategy for where I see myself talking this team. My RBs are going to be solid for 2 - 3 more years so I want to work on WRs right now. So far in this rookie draft which is in progress I took A.J. Green and Torrey Smith. After this year I'm going to really push for RBs in future Rookie Drafts. Last year I drafted Arrelious Benn first and wiffed on Johnathan Dwyer (hoping he could have bumped out Mendenhall if he struggled).

One thing I noticed last year too was that while I had a good WR corp, they were inconsistent. One week it was all Roddy, the next week it was all Turner scoring ATL's points. Then Collie and Floyd see-sawed up and down with injuries. VJax came in for me in the end, but by then it was too late.

I might have to rekindle this trade and see if he wants it still, because the more I think about it, if I have Roddy, Vjax (absent Floyd hopefully) or Collie healthy, and Williams, I would be very set. Presuming everything goes well, I carry into next year with Gore, MJD, and my 3 WRs as my keepers.
AngryLionsFAn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty League trade, Mike Williams for Blount?

Postby djadrock » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:47 am

I would do it. I like Blount but think your RB depth and need for a WR say you have too.
djadrock
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions