Dynasty league trades? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Dynasty league trades?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty league trades?

Postby dblj9911 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:40 am

Well hopefully we will have a agreement in the next day or two and football will start on time. So with my dynasty league I'm always looking to the future and trying to keep my team strong for years to come. It is a 10 team league, 25 man roster, ppr league, all tds 6pts. I have the 9th pick in our rookie draft ( three rounds) and can trade players and picks. My team is pretty solid from top to bottom, but I would like to get a better #2 rb. So any ideas of who I should look to move?
Roster:

QB- Eli, Ryan, Palmer, Flynn
RB- AP, DWill, Green-Ellis, Benson, R. Brown, M. Bush, R. Grant, J. Starks, Hardesty
WR- Fitz, Calvin, Colston, S. Rice, S. Johnson, M. Thomas,
TE- D. Clark, O. Daniels, Gronkowski
K - Crosby
IDP- Willis, Beason

A bunch will change when the season finally starts, where DWill ends up, will Grant be cut / traded, Starks the starter, where does Rice go, Benson in jail, Flynn traded or Palmer retire/traded.
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty league trades?

Postby LMack » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:40 pm

You could package a WR (Sidney Rice or Marques Colston) with one of your backs and try to upgrade at RB. Its hard to know who exactly to go after because I have no knowledge of other teams rosters and needs.

I would look to wait to make a move until after the free agent dust settles immediately after the new CBA. If Donovan McNabb gets signed by the Vikings I would hold Rice, and look to trade Colston. As far as which running back to package, I would wait until Mike Bush has a chance to land somewhere or for James Starks to be named the starter.

Like I said before its really hard to tell without knowing your leaguemates rosters. Being a 10 team league, depth is not as important as elite level talent. I don't suspect that many teams need depth, so the chips you are going to have to move will be significant. Many of your players are set to be UFA or atleast effected by free agency, so I would wait until all that is resolved so you can properly gauge value.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:39 pm

RB2 is your biggest weakness. You've got way too many low upside RBs, so unload a few. Having Grant or Benson or BJGE is fine, but having all 3 is spending too many roster spaces on meh nearterm production. Try to turn your 3rd into a 2nd with BJGE - there is still good rookie RB value in the 2nd with Powell, Rodgers, Alex Green.

I would try to get premium value for Dallas Clark and roll with Daniels/Gronk at TE (unless you start more than 1). If you can package him with Colston for something good, do it.

I would either try to swap Eli for Tebow+ or Stafford (straight up on Stafford) or try to swap Ryan+ for Vick. You've got two dependable guys, so try to turn one into a risk/reward guy.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby dblj9911 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:21 am

Well we can trade picks and the team that is drafting #1 overall needs a ton of help at wr and rb and really needs help all over, the team with the # 2 rookie picks needs a # 3wr and a #2 rb, and the team with teh #3 rookie pick has Brady, SJax and Welker and needs help and depth. So do I look to move up and trade a rookie or is a trade for a established player better off for me.
With DWill if he lands with a quality team he could be a top rb again. The same thing with S. Rice, but with his injury history and Colston's injury history should I look to deal one of them.
Thanks for looking and the input so far.
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)

Postby MadDog36 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:38 am

QB- Eli, Ryan, Palmer, Flynn
RB- AP, DWill, Green-Ellis, Benson, R. Brown, M. Bush, R. Grant, J. Starks, Hardesty
WR- Fitz, Calvin, Colston, S. Rice, S. Johnson, M. Thomas,
TE- D. Clark, O. Daniels, Gronkowski
K - Crosby
IDP- Willis, Beason

Can you make any FA moves?
Post FAs before anything else.
Grant will be starter. Plus you have handcuff.
Benson being in jail hurt you a bit.
You should be fine IMO.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:03 am

dblj9911 wrote:Well we can trade picks and the team that is drafting #1 overall needs a ton of help at wr and rb and really needs help all over, the team with the # 2 rookie picks needs a # 3wr and a #2 rb, and the team with teh #3 rookie pick has Brady, SJax and Welker and needs help and depth. So do I look to move up and trade a rookie or is a trade for a established player better off for me.
With DWill if he lands with a quality team he could be a top rb again. The same thing with S. Rice, but with his injury history and Colston's injury history should I look to deal one of them.
Thanks for looking and the input so far.

DeAngelo is going to be a solid RB2 maybe more for you this year. You don't need an established (read: older) RB, you need a guy who has a chance to turn into a cornerstone player for you. If you can grab Jahvid Best or even Spiller those would be decent trades for you too. You just need to start turning over your RBs since you have so many on their last legs.

I would definitely offer Colston + for any pick above you. If you can get into pick 3 and get Julio that's amazing. If you can only get to pick 6 or something and get Leshoure, that's good too. You have great depth at WR, so keeping Colston with the risk due to multiple knee injuries when he's not going to outscore Stevie or Sid Rice anyway just seems like a bad idea.

I wouldn't try to upgrade your pick too much. Keep pick 9, and just take who falls of Leshoure, Vereen, Delone Carter. Not much difference between those guys and Ryan Williams/Daniel Thomas, really. Just try to grab more picks by packaging Colston or Dallas Clark with some of your backlog of mediocre RBs.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby AngryLionsFAn » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:18 am

Thanks for the help on mine.

I'm going to largely agree with what Thriftyrocker said:

thriftyrocker wrote:RB2 is your biggest weakness. You've got way too many low upside RBs, so unload a few. Having Grant or Benson or BJGE is fine, but having all 3 is spending too many roster spaces on meh nearterm production. Try to turn your 3rd into a 2nd with BJGE - there is still good rookie RB value in the 2nd with Powell, Rodgers, Alex Green.

I would try to get premium value for Dallas Clark and roll with Daniels/Gronk at TE (unless you start more than 1). If you can package him with Colston for something good, do it.

I would either try to swap Eli for Tebow+ or Stafford (straight up on Stafford) or try to swap Ryan+ for Vick. You've got two dependable guys, so try to turn one into a risk/reward guy.

You can afford to move Colston or Rice and package them with a RB to get a better No. 2 RB. For all we know Dwill may end up on a good team too, and if he's healthy you could be just fine with him. Getting a rookie RB that has some long term upside isn't a bad way to go either though.

I think he's onto something here with the idea of moving Colston+ a TE for a better No. 2 RB, or even making some kind of move to get a more "home run hitting" type of QB. Eli and Ryan are pretty dependable and they generally won't lose you games, but they won't flare up on occasion and outright WIN you games either.
AngryLionsFAn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby djadrock » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:49 am

I would try to move Colsten due to the sharing of TDs on the Saints.

My other thought would be to sell Johnson while he is high. He could drop this year with defenses keying in on him and there really being no other quality WR on the team.
djadrock
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions