2011 Season talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to King of the Jungle League

2011 Season talk

Moderators: dream_017, Santacruzer, moochman, Football Moderators

Re: 2011 Season talk

Postby Motown Blues » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:57 pm

moochman wrote:
psmvchaser wrote:OK guys. Seriously? This is taking way too much time. Ive known who Im picking with my next picks for about a week now. I also have plan b, c, d, etc. If we dont step this up, we are not going to finish in time.

Agreed. We need to do a better job anticipating when our picks will come up. I know it is hard to do during our busy work days, but if we can check before we go to work and when we get home, plus at breaks for those with access, when a pick is close it could help speed things up dramaticly.

That last delay on my part snuck up on me. Sorry about that, boys. :-/
Motown Blues
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:44 pm

Motown Blues wrote:
moochman wrote:
psmvchaser wrote:OK guys. Seriously? This is taking way too much time. Ive known who Im picking with my next picks for about a week now. I also have plan b, c, d, etc. If we dont step this up, we are not going to finish in time.

Agreed. We need to do a better job anticipating when our picks will come up. I know it is hard to do during our busy work days, but if we can check before we go to work and when we get home, plus at breaks for those with access, when a pick is close it could help speed things up dramaticly.

That last delay on my part snuck up on me. Sorry about that, boys. :-/

Its okay, lets just all remember there are people who will help with making picks if need be.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby stomperrob » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:13 am

Gotta get through 3 rounds in the next 7 days! :-o
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:29 pm

stomperrob wrote:Gotta get through 3 rounds in the next 7 days! :-o

won't happen with the speed that we are draft now. I am going to try and contact everyone to see if there is a time this weekend that we can all (or an alternative picker) be online to knock this draft out. If we can, I cannot imagine it would take more than two hours. That shoud really be a stretch. Anyway, pm me or post here your responses. Thanks.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:41 pm

I'm not available Sunday, but tomorrow or Monday will work fine.

Also I need sign in info for the league.
Jacoby Ellsbury - Official Red Sox prospect of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
bigken117
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeBaseball Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:47 pm

bigken117 wrote:I'm not available Sunday, but tomorrow or Monday will work fine.

I hope to have league site set up and invites sent out sometime late Saturday.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby stomperrob » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:56 pm

moochman wrote:
bigken117 wrote:I'm not available Sunday, but tomorrow or Monday will work fine.

I hope to have league site set up and invites sent out sometime late Saturday.

I'm pretty flexible this weekend - nuthin' planned at this point but football, NCAA that is (Go Wolverines!)
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Xtreme » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:54 am

Hey guys, I'm out camping with the family until Monday night, so trying to be "online" for the rest of the draft will be difficult. If it's okay with you, I'm okay with the league picking for me. Or, I can coordinate with somebody at the other end of the draft order to do my picks and provide them with a short list of people to go after. I'll check back sometime on Saturday to see what the consensus was.

Also, I suspect, given that it's a holiday weekend, I'm not the only one that will be mostly unavailable. It will be very difficult to organize 14 people on short notice. Here's a thought: let the league finish drafting as is, and presumably it will end sometime mid- to late-next week, or the week after. And we can either cut the first week out of the schedule, or let it happen as it normally would and just make the results retroactive. (we're all drafting backups now anyway, so knowing how people performed is hardly an advantage). Thoughts?
HIR? viewtopic.php?t=507654#p3396000

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby J Per » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:14 am

I won't be available but all I'm going to need is DEF/ST and a kicker so I'm cool with someone picking for me.
J Per
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:22 am

Hoping Dream is back at some point, cause other than swooping in and dropping a flier and/or DST pick I am crammed this weekend - keep me posted though guys, I'll do my best either way :-o
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to King of the Jungle League