2011 Season talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to King of the Jungle League

2011 Season talk

Moderators: dream_017, Santacruzer, moochman, Football Moderators

Re: 2011 Season talk

Postby dream_017 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:05 am

mutantseabass wrote:I am so glad that you guys kept the KOTJ going! Kudos to all of you. My time is at a minimum now, only in a couple of leagues this season. Good luck to all of you this season!

Good to hear from you MSB ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15316
(Past Year: 70)
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ford Field: Section - 132; Row - 19; Seat - 11

Re: 2011 Season talk

Postby Santacruzer » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:53 am

stomperrob wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
J Per wrote:Have any of you guys gone/plan to go over to Allen Park for TC?

Be sure to check out the Detroit Lions forum that is on this....even though I haven't updated in bit there is always good discussion there too.

As for the actual question, I don't think anyone has gone, it has not worked out for my schedule. I will be seeing the guy that used my tickets yesterday and get an account from him how it was at FF.


I would love to but it's a 1,869 mile drive for me! :~(

We can car-pool!! :-D
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2691
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Calgary, Canada

Re: 2011 Season talk

Postby stomperrob » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Santacruzer wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
dream_017 wrote:Be sure to check out the Detroit Lions forum that is on this....even though I haven't updated in bit there is always good discussion there too.

As for the actual question, I don't think anyone has gone, it has not worked out for my schedule. I will be seeing the guy that used my tickets yesterday and get an account from him how it was at FF.


I would love to but it's a 1,869 mile drive for me! :~(

We can car-pool!! :-D


Yeh, if we did that and didn't stop we could prob do it in about 24 hrs! :-b
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Re: 2011 Season talk

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:40 pm

stomperrob wrote:
Santacruzer wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
I would love to but it's a 1,869 mile drive for me! :~(

We can car-pool!! :-D


Yeh, if we did that and didn't stop we could prob do it in about 24 hrs! :-b


Now that's more like it. Show a little team spirit :-b
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16302
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: 2011 Season talk

Postby Xtreme » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:44 pm

moochman wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
Santacruzer wrote:We can car-pool!! :-D


Yeh, if we did that and didn't stop we could prob do it in about 24 hrs! :-b


Now that's more like it. Show a little team spirit :-b


You guys can crash at my place!
HIR? viewtopic.php?t=507654#p3396000

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1356
Joined: 4 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Reluctant optimism

Re: 2011 Season talk

Postby AngryLionsFAn » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:04 pm

Pick me up in Wisconsin on your way please! :p I haven't gone to a game in about 5 years since I saw them at Soldier Field when I lived in Chicago. I'm really getting the itch to see them again, especially since I've NEVER seen them in Detroit even. :( I grew up in the UP with a family that is 98% Packer fans, so let's just say I've had little opportunity.

We'll see though, I might just have to start looking at Milwaukee or Green Bay to Detroit plane tickets at some point this fall....
AngryLionsFAn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 387
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Lions Fan Trapped in Cheesehead Land

Re: 2011 Season talk

Postby AngryLionsFAn » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:09 pm

Back on topic a bit here, I have a league related question for you guys.

This is the first time I've done the KOTJ league, so I'm not familiar with how you guys run this really. Moochman said you guys run the league through flea flicker. Do I need to sign up for the league or anything, or are we doing that once the whole draft is completed? Just wondering if there is anything else I have to do at this point.
AngryLionsFAn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 387
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Lions Fan Trapped in Cheesehead Land

Re: 2011 Season talk

Postby Xtreme » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:29 pm

AngryLionsFAn wrote:Back on topic a bit here, I have a league related question for you guys.

This is the first time I've done the KOTJ league, so I'm not familiar with how you guys run this really. Moochman said you guys run the league through flea flicker. Do I need to sign up for the league or anything, or are we doing that once the whole draft is completed? Just wondering if there is anything else I have to do at this point.


Yes, inquiring minds want to know. ;-D
HIR? viewtopic.php?t=507654#p3396000

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1356
Joined: 4 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Reluctant optimism

Re: 2011 Season talk

Postby Motown Blues » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:44 am

Xtreme wrote:
AngryLionsFAn wrote:Back on topic a bit here, I have a league related question for you guys.

This is the first time I've done the KOTJ league, so I'm not familiar with how you guys run this really. Moochman said you guys run the league through flea flicker. Do I need to sign up for the league or anything, or are we doing that once the whole draft is completed? Just wondering if there is anything else I have to do at this point.


Yes, inquiring minds want to know. ;-D


Cruzer or Dream will transfer all rosters to a host site when we're done. We've been on Yahoo the last two years; Fleaflicker was our host in 2008. Before that, you'd have to ask our Founding Fathers. We'll have to register our teams on whatever site they roll with.

For what it's worth, Dream and Cruzer, I prefer Yahoo (or as mentioned before) any site that offers a mobile app. I think most places have stepped up and offer enough customization (particularly with waivers) that you don't have to make a decision based on that.
Motown Blues
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 659
Joined: 27 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Detroit

Re: 2011 Season talk

Postby Xtreme » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:08 pm

Motown Blues wrote:For what it's worth, Dream and Cruzer, I prefer Yahoo (or as mentioned before) any site that offers a mobile app.


Yep, I'll definitely 2nd the Yahoo suggestion. Clean interface, easy to use, good info, mobile app (and most of my other leagues are there ;-D ).
HIR? viewtopic.php?t=507654#p3396000

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1356
Joined: 4 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Reluctant optimism

PreviousNext

Return to King of the Jungle League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 19:12 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact