Trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade

Postby BurritoBoy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Who wins this?:
Team 1:
Maichael Bush (RB-OAK)
Anquan Boldin (WR-BAL)
Owen Daniels (TE-HOU)
for
Team 2:
Cedric Benson (RB-CIN[but for how long?])
Mike Williams (WR-TAM)
Dustin Keller (TE-NYJ)

I'm new to fantasy football. Team 1 also has AP, Forte, D WIll, Holmes and Rodgers
Team 2 has P Manning, Maclin, M Turner, and J Charles.

Additionally, do you think I could get more out of this? (I'm Team 1)
I think this is great for me, but I want to get a second or third opinion on this
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 710
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 12 Nov 2009
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:17 pm

BurritoBoy wrote:Who wins this?:
Team 1:
Maichael Bush (RB-OAK)
Anquan Boldin (WR-BAL)
Owen Daniels (TE-HOU)
for
Team 2:
Cedric Benson (RB-CIN[but for how long?])
Mike Williams (WR-TAM)
Dustin Keller (TE-NYJ)

I'm new to fantasy football. Team 1 also has AP, Forte, D WIll, Holmes and Rodgers
Team 2 has P Manning, Maclin, M Turner, and J Charles.

Additionally, do you think I could get more out of this? (I'm Team 1)
I think this is great for me, but I want to get a second or third opinion on this


Welcome to the Cafe. You can find alot of good info here. Search around a bit and you'll learn alot.

Ok here is the deal. Michael Bush is a FA and the rumor around the bay area where I live is he will be a restricted FA meaning the Raiders will likely sign him again. He has proven he can play ok but with Mcfadden doing so well he probably wont put up numbers where you can start him weekly. Benson is likely to be suspended. Probably only a few games but its still no production for those weeks

Boldin had a horrible year last year in my book. I think his better days are past him. He could do better this year than last year but he will never reach the levels he did in AZ. Mike Williams is an absolute stud. Best player in this deal. I really like this guy and feel he will eventually be an elite WR in the NFL. Tons of talent.

Owen Daniels got hurt 2 years ago and was not the same last year. The only good news is that it uaually takes until the 2nd year to fully recover and gain confidence he can still play. My guess is his numbers are better than last year but not as good as the year he tore it up. Mediocre TE in my book. Keller is a very reliable fill in his only problem is he doesnt have good hands and the Jets have several decent WR's in Santonio and Braylon. Keller should continue to impress but he probably wont make it to elite status.

With that being said. I dont like the deal for you. Losing Mike Williams is going to hurt and although Boldin has a big name he wont put up the numbers Williams will. The other 2 parts of the deal you dont really win either
Image
Image
Cowboys 4 life
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9515
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Trade

Postby BurritoBoy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:29 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. Sorry for the confusion, I am the team who is trading away Benson/Boldin/Owens and recieving Bush/Williams/Keller.

One of my friends suggested that I try to swap the RBs and give up DWill/Boldin/Owens and I recieve JCharles/Williams/Keller.

I thank you for getting back to me, as well as all of your detailed inside information. Knowing that I gave misleading information, how does the trade look from my view, and do you think it would be possible to improve it for my side? I feel like I have a depth problem for my WRs. Thanks.


QB: Aaron Rodgers (GB)
Sam Bradford (STL)
RB:Adrian Peterson (MIN)
Matt Forte (CHI)
DeAngelo Williams (CAR)
Michael Bush (OAK)
Danny Woodhead (NE)
WR:Anquan Boldin (BAL)
Santonio Holmes (NYJ)
A.J. Green (CIN)
Hines Ward (PIT)
Danny Amendola (STL)
TE:Owen Daniels (HOU)
Benjamin Watson (CLE)
D/ST:Chargers (SD)
Cardinals (ARI)
K:Nate Kaeding (SD)

Defensive points are insanely jacked up
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 710
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 12 Nov 2009
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:24 pm

BurritoBoy wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome. Sorry for the confusion, I am the team who is trading away Benson/Boldin/Owens and recieving Bush/Williams/Keller.

One of my friends suggested that I try to swap the RBs and give up DWill/Boldin/Owens and I recieve JCharles/Williams/Keller.

I thank you for getting back to me, as well as all of your detailed inside information. Knowing that I gave misleading information, how does the trade look from my view, and do you think it would be possible to improve it for my side? I feel like I have a depth problem for my WRs. Thanks.


QB: Aaron Rodgers (GB)
Sam Bradford (STL)
RB:Adrian Peterson (MIN)
Matt Forte (CHI)
DeAngelo Williams (CAR)
Michael Bush (OAK)
Danny Woodhead (NE)
WR:Anquan Boldin (BAL)
Santonio Holmes (NYJ)
A.J. Green (CIN)
Hines Ward (PIT)
Danny Amendola (STL)
TE:Owen Daniels (HOU)
Benjamin Watson (CLE)
D/ST:Chargers (SD)
Cardinals (ARI)
K:Nate Kaeding (SD)

Defensive points are insanely jacked up


Question: Is this a Dynasty league or redraft?

Getting Bush, Williams and Keller makes it much more doable. I like the friends suggestion but I hardly doubt he will take it. If he does agree to it you will be smiling like the butchers dog.

If it is a dynasty league this team is very solid. Its solid either way actually. Seeing your team this trade is a good deal for you. Giving up Benson for less problems and better youth is good. The fact is Bush will eventually be a solid back somewhere he is just caught behind McFadden. Getting Williams is way better than Boldin in My book. That guy is a walking highlight reel and as he gels with Freeman he will only get better.
Image
Image
Cowboys 4 life
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9515
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Trade

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:22 pm

If you can swing the deal for Charles then I would jump on that in a heart beat.

If it stays with the original deal, I would still take it. I have been burned with Daniels in the past and avoid him. Benson is a moron but apparently Cincy does not really care and I think he should be the starter there. Williams could be a monster, Boldin won't be... take the risk.
Image
Image
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10988
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: straight ahead, hang a left, look down

Re: Trade

Postby BurritoBoy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:11 pm

To Dallas: It's a first year draft. We just had it. I'm a beginner. But I offered the Charles trade. I doubt he takes it, but now is the time to find out if he is worse than me or not. I told him it was "better and safer for both of us" and that "if he didnt like that, we could do the original one". Thanks everybody for the help.

To Bungle: Yeah, same as above. I'm going to try the Charles trade. That would be so sick if I could get him on my team. I actually met him when my cousin was a student at UT. I'm totally fine with the original one. Thanks everybody.

To anyone else: Additional comments would be appreciated, but I think I have the general consensus on this trade. If anyone could think of anything that would help my team out more, or suggestions about specific players, don't hesitate for you two cents. Much appreciated.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 710
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 12 Nov 2009
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade

Postby Venom » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:26 pm

BurritoBoy wrote: "if he didnt like that, we could do the original one".


For future reference, never say that. It will (99% of the time) get your counter proposal denied and the original trade sent
back to you ;-)

I agree with the others that regardless this is a good trade for you, and if you can swing Charles it'll be that much sweeter.

You do have a good team...so don't venture too far away from this original trade and try to fix a team that isn't even broken ;-D
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 1845
(Past Year: 47)
Joined: 16 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Cleveland, OH-IO

Re: Trade

Postby BurritoBoy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:30 pm

Thanks Venom for the advice on the trade. And thanks about the roster. To me it feels somewhat weak at WR. I'll probably end up with the Benson/Bush one though. But maybe the Fantasy gods are on my side. Last year i was able to trade away CJ Spiller for Arian Foster 3 days before the season started.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 710
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 12 Nov 2009
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:16 am

Venom wrote:
BurritoBoy wrote: "if he didnt like that, we could do the original one".


For future reference, never say that. It will (99% of the time) get your counter proposal denied and the original trade sent
back to you ;-)

I agree with the others that regardless this is a good trade for you, and if you can swing Charles it'll be that much sweeter.

You do have a good team...so don't venture too far away from this original trade and try to fix a team that isn't even broken ;-D



Exactly. You never want to give your hand. Stay strong and if they take it you win big. If they done you can always go beck to original deal. Great advice Venom. ;-D

Its like in sales when you close. You shut the hell up and let the buyer make the first response. If he takes the deal you win, if he counters with a lower price you got a stalled deal :-)
Image
Image
Cowboys 4 life
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9515
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Trade

Postby BurritoBoy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:54 am

thanks guys. Appreciate all the help. What are y'alls opinion on the depth and bench of my team?
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 710
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 12 Nov 2009
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 17:36 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact