Adding IDP to a League? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Adding IDP to a League?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Adding IDP to a League?

Postby gdemore » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:53 pm

I'm the commish of a 10 year league and want to add IDP into the mix. I need to subtly incorporate it so owners will be willing to give it a chance then ultimately expand it in the next couple of years. Any thoughts on how to best do this?

My initial thoughts are:
  • Auction draft as normal to fill the league 15 player roster (QB-1, RB-2, WR-2, TE-1, K-1, Flex(QB/RB/WR/TE)-1, DEF-1, Bench-6)
  • Conduct a separate IDP draft probably via email, post auction draft -- I feel this is necessary since many owners will not know how to properly evaluate IDP values amongst the offensive players so will be hesitant about voting IDP in
  • Draft 5 IDP players: DL-1, LB-1, DB-1, Bench-2
  • Use standard IDP scoring from Yahoo, ESPN
  • Question - do you still draft a DEF/SP team with IDP?

Thanks for your help!
gdemore
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Adding IDP to a League?

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:44 am

gdemore wrote:I'm the commish of a 10 year league and want to add IDP into the mix. I need to subtly incorporate it so owners will be willing to give it a chance then ultimately expand it in the next couple of years. Any thoughts on how to best do this?

My initial thoughts are:
  • Auction draft as normal to fill the league 15 player roster (QB-1, RB-2, WR-2, TE-1, K-1, Flex(QB/RB/WR/TE)-1, DEF-1, Bench-6)
  • Conduct a separate IDP draft probably via email, post auction draft -- I feel this is necessary since many owners will not know how to properly evaluate IDP values amongst the offensive players so will be hesitant about voting IDP in
  • Draft 5 IDP players: DL-1, LB-1, DB-1, Bench-2
  • Use standard IDP scoring from Yahoo, ESPN
  • Question - do you still draft a DEF/SP team with IDP?

Thanks for your help!

I think that is the best way to incorporate new people to IDP. Separate draft and start small. Generally you do not draft a DEF/ST when playing IDP, but I have seen it done.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner