Keeper Leauge: Colston for Spiller straight up. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper Leauge: Colston for Spiller straight up.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper Leauge: Colston for Spiller straight up.

Postby snixx79 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:42 pm

12 team H2H, 6pts all tds, otherwise standard Non PPR. start qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, te, k, dst

I get Spiller, I give Colston

My keepers right now:

Brady/Freeman
McCoy/Moreno
White/M.WIlliamsTB/Colston
Gates

Obviously id keep spiller in Colstons spot if i accept.

Thoughts? Bills drafted Johnny White....FJax is 30, will Spiller be the guy eventually? I love Colstons production as WR3 in a 3wr league. But i do need to buy low on RBs right now. I can always find another WR3 in rookie/FA draft.
snixx79
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper Leauge: Colston for Spiller straight up.

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:40 pm

Yeah, I think I'd do that deal, but not without trying to extort the other owner for a bit more first - I am and always have been biased against Colston because of the lack of consistency in his output bred by Brees' elite ability to spread it all over the place and find the open guy. Honestly I'd really only own Colston as a starter in a season-long points league, and that's never going to happen :-b

At least with Spiller you have some nice upside and another fallback plan at RB2 if/when Moreno doesn't work out in Denver to the extent you were probably hoping for before all this DeAngelo talk ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ben jammin » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:41 pm

White, Williams(TB) AND Colston seems pretty good to me. You should be able to get better than Spiller in your regular draft without trading away WR#3. Just my opinion.
ben jammin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Calyxes » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:09 am

Tough call. I think I would stay with Colston. I did not see much out of spiller last year that gave me the impression that he was going to be much better this year. At least with Colston you know what you are going to get.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:34 am

No way for me. Spiller showed nothing last year and is in a bad offense. Yes Jackson is 30, but very little tread on the tires. Colston is still a low end #2 at worst, Spiller MAY be a RB3 this year.

help me if you can
viewtopic.php?t=490760
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions