2nd half of draft keepers WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

2nd half of draft keepers WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

2nd half of draft keepers WHIR

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:09 am

Due to format of league, I have the chance to keep a player drafted after round 10 and use the round they were drafted. FA pick ups turn into last (19) round. Here are my possibilities, I have a player I am leaning towards, but curious for others feedback.

Pretty standard PPR format- QB/3RB/2WR/1TE/1WR-TE FLEX

Mark Clayton - round 16
Sam Bradford- round 17
Jimmy Graham, Danny Amendola, Emmanual Samuels- Rd 19

I realize there is no home run here, just trying to maximize value.

Thanks
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2nd half of draft keepers WHIR

Postby ben jammin » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:22 am

I would go with Graham first. Seems to be the best value pick. I like Amendola second. Good luck
ben jammin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Indibuck » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:16 am

Graham is a hot name right about now, and I have seen him go as early as TE6 in redrafts. That's excellent value.

Bradford is excellent value as well for a backup QB.

Those are the two that I would consider... I would probably roll the dice with Graham.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:03 pm

Graham was my initial pick as well, but I am starting to move away from him. I'm not sure I believe in him enough not to want another TE on my roster. I actually think Bradford is on the cusp of being a QB1, so kind of like the thought of entering the draft knowing I can wait and gamble at QB. I could hypothetically wait and draft QB12, who I have as Flacco, and have a pretty serviceable tandem at QB without using a pick in the first probably 8-9 rounds.

Of course if Clayton is back, healthy and still a Ram- he was a great value for me last year before he got hurt....
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby snixx79 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:27 pm

They are all excellent value....but id agree Graham is the best deal here!
snixx79
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 7)

Postby onnestabe » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:43 pm

murphysxm wrote:Graham was my initial pick as well, but I am starting to move away from him. I'm not sure I believe in him enough not to want another TE on my roster. I actually think Bradford is on the cusp of being a QB1, so kind of like the thought of entering the draft knowing I can wait and gamble at QB. I could hypothetically wait and draft QB12, who I have as Flacco, and have a pretty serviceable tandem at QB without using a pick in the first probably 8-9 rounds.

Of course if Clayton is back, healthy and still a Ram- he was a great value for me last year before he got hurt....

I agree about Bradford. You've got to like his chances of being a good #1 QB with McDaniels coming on board. I don't like Clayton as much because he's got so much competition at WR - Avery, Robinson, Amendola. It's impossible to know which one will win that battle.

Graham would be a good keeper, too. I don't know how consistent he will be for yardage, but he's a great red-zone target and should score a lot of TDs.

If it's me, I go with Bradford. It comes down to who I can see being an every-week starter. I think Bradford could be that guy, I think Jimmy Graham is going to be maddeningly inconsistent this year.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Shark1225 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:03 pm

Do you just get to keep 1 of those? If so I would go in this order

1. Graham, I know you want another TE but a great value especially with Shockey gone.
1.5. Bradford
3. Clayton
4. Amendola
5. Sanders
QB: BREES, Cutler
RB: TURNER, MCGAHEE, R. JENNINGS, Leshoure, D. Williams, Hillman, Hunter, Dwyer
WR: CRUZ, GARCON, Amendola, Edwards, D. Baldwin
TE: GRAHAM
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 20)

Postby murphysxm » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:13 pm

So after being set on Graham, I think I am now firmly leaning Amendola's way. He seems to be set for a Wr #3 with 2 upside in a PPR format. I am starting to have bust concerns with Graham and all his hype.

Any disagreements?
murphysxm

Postby Thor » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:45 pm

If it is a permanent and not just a 1 year keeper I would go with Bradford. He has the upside of being a STUD #1 QB.

If it is only for this upcoming season I would keep Graham first and Danny A second
14 Team 5 pts per 5 receptions
QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, TE, FLEX(WR/TE), K, DST
QB- Romo, Freeman, Manuel
RB- Sproles, J Bell, Bernard, W McGahee
WR - Megatron, D Bryant, V Brown, A Jeffery, R Randle, P Harvin(IR)
TE- J Graham, Sudfeld
K- Hartley
DST - Dallas
Thor
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 85)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions