Trade Help... let me know what you think of this deal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Help... let me know what you think of this deal

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Help... let me know what you think of this deal

Postby gmcman22 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:38 am

14 team PPR keeper league. We cut in a few weeks to get under our cap and my current lineup of keepers looks like this:

Aaron Rodgers
Miles Austin
Mike Wallace
Dez Bryant
Anquan Boldin
Peyton Hillis
Deangelo Williams
Cedric Benson
Ryan Grant

Trade proposals have gotten me to a point where I'd give up Austin, Jacoby Ford, and a 2nd rd. pick (I have 2) and receive Welker and Jahvid Best.

In a PPR, Welker might be an upgrade (and I'm diversifying, getting rid of one of my two cowboys) Best helps an average RB lineup and I was going to have to drop Jacoby Ford anyway.

Let me know what you think!
gmcman22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Help... let me know what you think of this deal

Postby bungle613 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:12 pm

I like the deal for you. It gets you that young talented RB that could be very good if he can stay healthy and it doesn't cost you very much.

You have the fire power to aim higher than that imo. I would aim to package Austin, Boldin and your least favourite RB to get your truly elite RB1.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:14 pm

PPR I think I'd do this - probably not if it's a dynasty, but since it looks like it's just a keeper I'm fine with it. Ford isn't in the same stratosphere as most of your other keepers, and since you were going to lose him for free, it's basically Austin for Welker (which in PPR is pretty much a push) and Best for a 2nd rounder. Considering how many players you keep, I think there's no chance you get someone as good as Best in the 2nd round (plus, since you have a second 2nd round pick, you'll still have a shot anyway).

Obviously try to deal your later 2nd round pick if possible ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Those About To Rock » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:39 pm

I'm going to be a bit more hesitant than the other boys. I have a lot of reservations about J. Best this year with Det drafting yet another RB. His health is an issue (I do understand they started him before he was healthy last season), but even if he's healthy it looks like he's going to be another committee back. I'm not sure I like him for the 2nd rounder, so you have to ask yourself about Austin vs Welker. Welker will be more consistent for you, but if Romo has a good year, I'm not sure your return will keep you as happy.

Just some food for thought.
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby gmcman22 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:56 pm

Given the responses, I can see why I have had trouble pulling the trigger. Good thoughts on both sides.

The 2nd rounder I'd have to give up is the 2nd pick in the 2nd round, so its a high pick. As last year's champ, the other 2nd round is the last of the round.

My experience thus far in this league (3rd year) is that the draft is a good place to pick up prospects, but not real deep in terms of getting core players. Our keepers are based on a cap, and generally teams can keep 7-10 players.

Best was HUGE pre-injury in our league with all the balls he caught. Post injury, he was marginal. Makes him tough to evaluate. Austin has been huge in 2009 and in 2010 up until Romo got hurt when Bryant kind of took over.

Challenging decision to be sure, but it is intriguing to consider moving one of the Dallas WR. I figure with this deal I get a fairly even swap at WR, and I've paid a 2nd rounder for the guy who went 2nd overall in last year's draft. Not bad... just not sure if its smart or not. Austin carried me for a couple years!
gmcman22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Devil Doc » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:25 pm

I actually DO NOT like this deal.

I think you can get more value then Welker/Best for a 2nd round pick AND Austin. Sure your receiving Wes Welker back...but he's 30 and not getting any younger. He may help in a PPR format, but Austin > Welker in PPR IMHO. I think people have been down on Austin, including myself, but I'd rather have him, Romo's favorite target over the aging Welker.
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 100)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions