J. Charles for C. Johnson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

J. Charles for C. Johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

J. Charles for C. Johnson

Postby Those About To Rock » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:31 pm

I've already made this trade (I did it last season), but I have been contemplating the value of the trade. I want to know what other people think, since I think making the trade has pros and cons. This is relevant this season because it is a keeper league, and I've been analyzing everybody's team, draft spots, and trying to figure out how to out-draft the couple other top teams by hitting their weak points when I can with my own picks.

Anyhow, I gave up J. Charles for Calvin Johnson. We do have a wr/rb flex position as well as 2 rb positions, but my 2 RBs are A. Peterson and A. Foster.

My WR lineup at season end consisted of V. Jax, C. Johnson, M. Austion, L. Fitz and D. Bowe (a few others like Stevie that aren't worth mentioning...)

Going into the keepers, I am obviously going to keep the 2 RBs and C. Johnson (with 2 other, more debated slots).

Considering I could be looking at something like J. Charles, A. Foster, A. Peterson, L. Fitz, and Bowe/Austin/Brady instead of C. Johnson, was the trade a good one? I'm not unhappy with it, just undecided on its value.
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: J. Charles for C. Johnson

Postby bungle613 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:42 pm

I would have rather of had the 3 RB''s since you have the flex spot. Is it a PPR league?

ALso, did you win it last year? If so, the deal was worth it.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Re: J. Charles for C. Johnson

Postby Those About To Rock » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:48 pm

It is not a PPR league.

Last season was the 2nd season of the dynasty. Only 8 players, so teams typically have quite a bit of depth. Season 1 I was obliterated because I spent all my drafts on rookies like a dummy. I traded decently in the offseason, drafted well, and shot up to the playoff bracket last season -- but I couldn't catch a break in the playoffs, so no, I didn't win. I went from bottom of the ladder to 3rd.

Calvin Johnson performed well, especially with Fitz and Austin having pretty bad seasons last season. I'm really pulling for a Kolb Fitz combo...
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions