Training camp 2011 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Training camp 2011

Moderator: Football Moderators

Training camp 2011

Postby dream_017 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:01 pm

Here is our thread for the wild couple of weeks ahead.

Training camp is scheduled to start on Friday for the Lions ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Training camp 2011

Postby Calyxes » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:25 pm

dream_017 wrote:Here is our thread for the wild couple of weeks ahead.

Training camp is scheduled to start on Friday for the Lions ;-D

I am so glad they got it done ;-D
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby moochman » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:15 pm

this is me happy that football is on!!

explicit language warning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TflnHlQ ... re=related

:-) :-) :-D :-D

there isn't a smiley icon big enough for the pleasure I got and get from the one and only.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby bigken117 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:26 pm

moochman wrote:this is me happy that football is on!!

there isn't a smiley icon big enough for the pleasure I got and get from the one and only.

the single reason I became and can't stop being a Lions fan.
Jacoby Ellsbury - Official Red Sox prospect of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
bigken117
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeBaseball Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:37 am

Detroit Lions will have practices open to Season ticket holders tomorrow and Saturday - sadly I will not be able to attend based on the short notice. They will also have practices open to the public starting on Monday ;-D ;-D

LB Justin Durant signed by the Lions
If Justin Durant was a top target for the Bears, then the Detroit Lions beat their division rival to the punch.

The former Jacksonville Jaguars linebacker has agreed to terms on a two-year deal with the Lions, according to a league source. The Bears reached out to Durant at the start of free agency.

WR Rashied Davis signed by Lions
On Wednesday, the Chicago Sun-Times' Sean Jensen speculated that the Detroit Lions could show some interest in wide receiver Rashied Davis. He thought that with Bryant Johnson set to be released, the Lions would like Davis' versatility and special teams skills, making him a possible addition.

Jensen turned out to be correct with his speculation, because he's reporting today that the Lions and Davis have agreed to terms on a deal. Jensen says that Davis had other options to consider, and yesterday he reported that the Bears were trying to re-sign him. It's not clear if he had an offer from the Bears or not, but he is set to join the Lions now.

Jim Schwartz Press conference notes:
--- Left tackle Jeff Backus, who has a slight tear in a chest muscle, will not be participating for the first week or so of practice. Schwartz expects Backus to be ready for the start of the regular season.

--- The Lions will not have a Ford Field practice this season, but will extend their open practices to the public at Allen Park by a week. Friday and Saturday practices are invitation-only for season ticket holders. Monday's practice is open to the public.

--- The Lions cannot talk about any players they have agreed to terms with, that includes their own (guys like Drew Stanton and John Wendling) and others (like Justin Durant). Those deals don't become official until 6 p.m. Friday. However, those players who signed new deals cannot practice until the union recertifies (which will be no later than Aug. 4). Rookies, drafted and undrafted, will be able to practice as soon as they sign their contracts.

--- While teams can sign players at 6 p.m. Friday, Schwartz said that "won't be the finish line'' for the Lions. General manager Martin Mayhew is expected to add players throughout camp, either via free agency, waiver wire or trades.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:12 pm

dream_017 wrote:--- The Lions cannot talk about any players they have agreed to terms with, that includes their own (guys like Drew Stanton
[/quote]

why does seeing the Leos resigning Stanton make me happy. Sure I don't think he would ever last if he had to play significant amounts of time, but he can be an exciting player if he should even need be called upon.

too bad you have to miss this weekend's practices, Dream. Guess I was hoping to hear first hand report of how fast Titus Young is and of how much bigger Megatron is than he. Also interested to see just how big a hole there is in our receiving corps now with Bryant "I don't deserve the same last name as He" Johnson's absence. :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby m16a » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:17 pm

moochman wrote:this is me happy that football is on!!

I'm a Birds fan through and through, but I have always had a soft spot for the Lions. Barry is one of those reasons, and that's my go to video to show him off to people who have never seen Barry run. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:55 am

Practice for today, that was suppose to be open to season ticket holders, is moved indoors due to rain. That means it is also closed to public - they will reschedule - hopefully I'll be able to make that one.

Lions sign Eric Wright
The Detroit Lions moved quickly after missing out on top cornerback target Johnathan Joseph, agreeing to a one-year contract with cornerback Eric Wright, a person familiar with the deal said.

Things heated up with the Lions and Wright, who played his first four NFL seasons with the Cleveland Browns, late Thursday after it became apparent the Lions were no longer in the sweepstakes for Joseph.

Fairley signed - as well as all the 2011 Lions draft picks
They rushed to the podium when he was still on the board with the 13th overall pick, and they rushed to sign him before the first practice today.

The Lions agreed to terms with first-round pick Nick Fairley late Thursday night on a four-year deal worth $10 million.

The contract includes a $5.7-million bonus and a fifth-year team option.

"Everybody is excited to get him in on time," agent Brian Overstreet said. "He's raring to go and what you'll learn about Nick from being around him and spending time with him is he's the ultimate team guy. Whatever the team needs he's willing to do. He just wants to come in and fill his role and work hard and develop the new Silver Crush."

Roy Williams signs with Chicago - can't wait for the reception* on Oct 10th - MNF ;-D

*obviously I mean how the fans react not an actual reception :-B
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby Calyxes » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:11 pm

I can't wait until they announce when they will have an open pratice to the public. I am going to go to one for sure this year. Just looking at LeShoure looks like it would hurt to tackle him
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby dream_017 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:19 pm

The first open practice is Monday at 9:15
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Next

Return to Detroit Lions