Which 2 to keep? ADP, Rodgers or McCoy - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Which 2 to keep? ADP, Rodgers or McCoy - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which 2 to keep? ADP, Rodgers or McCoy - WHIR

Postby msukc » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:23 pm

I can keep two players from last year but have to sacrifice a draft pick. Here is my list of potential keepers. This is a ten team league with 20 players on the roster, heavy TD with yardage bonuses. I had the best team and pick last.

Aaron Rodgers - 1st rd - 10th overall
Adrian Peterson - 2nd round 11th pick
LeSean McCoy - 4th round 40th pick
Dwayne Bowe - 5th round 50th pick
LaGarrette Blount - 5th round 50th pick

Cant go wrong with any of the top 3; or last two value wise. I am leaning toward just stacking the backfield with ADP and McCoy. Would hate to see Rodger light it up. Other Scenario is Rodgers and McCoy; but ADP is in a contract year. If I go with ADP and Rodgers, I wont pick until 30th overall.

Any thoughts? Like I said, win win pretty much no matter how I play it

WHIR

Thanks
KC
msukc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Which 2 to keep? ADP, Rodgers or McCoy - WHIR

Postby Venom » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:25 pm

Peterson for a 2nd and McCoy for a 4th. Thats awesome value for both of these top RBs.

Select these two and don't even question it.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby djadrock » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:55 pm

I agree...in a TD league you can't let ADP go. Then, a 4th for McCoy is well worth it. There are lots of decent QBs. So, don't stress Rodgers too much.

Help viewtopic.php?f=18&t=490777
djadrock
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Indibuck » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:16 pm

AP and McCoy are the easy choices for me. ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby msukc » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:44 pm

Wow I am surprised at the agreement here. One point I didn't clearly mention is that in my league you get 6, 9 or 12 points for a TD depending on how long it is. This is true for QBs as well. Plus you get double bonus for an out of position score (ie QB running a TD or RB catching/throwing a TD). McCoy is a good receiver and Rodgers a good runner.

Any change of opinion with this info?
KC
msukc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bungle613 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:47 pm

Venom wrote:Peterson for a 2nd and McCoy for a 4th. Thats awesome value for both of these top RBs.

Select these two and don't even question it.

Have to agree here and take the likely the best WR available at 1.10 is the best route to go.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Devil Doc » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:52 am

Maybe its because too many people play in leagues that QB's only get 4 pts/TD and it clouds thier judgement, but I'd like to make a point that the last time that a RB rushed for 28 TD's was when LT did it with the Chargers. How you can let go of the #1 Fantasy QB is beyond me. Here were Rodgers longest passing TD's last year: 86, 80, 61...and he had 9 TD passes that ranged between 30 and 49 yards....and his total TD passes were 28. No way I let him go.

As far as RB's, it would be difficult for myself to let go of "All Day"...he's a machine and IF McNabb is behind center and not a Rookie, to go along with Rice (if signed) and Harvin, he should be able to have another monster season. Even if a Rookie is behind center, i'd still take AD with 8 in the box.
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 92)

Postby POJO_Risin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:16 am

I have Rodgers on my team, in a QB-heavy scoring league, and I wouldn't let him go for anyone...he was fourth in my league in scoring, and only 18 points behind the top slot.

I'd definitely keep your one and two, although if you decided to go with both backs, you couldn't go wrong. McCoy as a fourth rounder is insane. You can't undervalue taking running backs, because there just aren't a lot of quality there.

I'd still take Rodgers and AP, but McCoy would be a solid alternative...

viewtopic.php?t=490849
"All my friends now...they look up to me...the wish they could be...a lot more like me..." DLR
POJO_Risin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby msukc » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:05 am

Change of info. Apparently we are not snaking the draft this year. I am against this approach. But using my 10th for rosters and my 20th for all day is the way to go. I just don't like waiting to pick till 30th . But historically I pull value late and it's why I am picking last. Already see undervalued guys.

Thanks
KC
msukc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Devil Doc » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:33 am

msukc wrote:Change of info. Apparently we are not snaking the draft this year. I am against this approach. But using my 10th for rosters and my 20th for all day is the way to go. I just don't like waiting to pick till 30th . But historically I pull value late and it's why I am picking last. Already see undervalued guys.

Thanks

My stance still stays the same with this change.

Rodgers at 1.10 and Peterson at 2.10 is pretty good value to me, I think thats the smart way to go. And even in a 10 team league, there should still be some solid players for you in the 3rd round.
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 92)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions