Which 2 to keep? ADP, Rodgers or McCoy - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Which 2 to keep? ADP, Rodgers or McCoy - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Which 2 to keep? ADP, Rodgers or McCoy - WHIR

Postby msukc » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:35 pm

I agree with you. AP and Rogers. Thanks everyone. Looking forward to the upcoming season.
KC
msukc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dblj9911 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:21 pm

Well it depends on the way you want to work it. If you kept Blount that is great value, but unproven performance. To me I'm taking AP and Rodgers. They are complete studs and are a great starting two some. Good luck.
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)

Which 2 to keep? ADP, Rodgers or McCoy - WHIR

Postby thebigsmooth » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:50 pm

msukc wrote:I can keep two players from last year but have to sacrifice a draft pick. Here is my list of potential keepers. This is a ten team league with 20 players on the roster, heavy TD with yardage bonuses. I had the best team and pick last.

Aaron Rodgers - 1st rd - 10th overall
Adrian Peterson - 2nd round 11th pick
LeSean McCoy - 4th round 40th pick
Dwayne Bowe - 5th round 50th pick
LaGarrette Blount - 5th round 50th pick

Cant go wrong with any of the top 3; or last two value wise. I am leaning toward just stacking the backfield with ADP and McCoy. Would hate to see Rodger light it up. Other Scenario is Rodgers and McCoy; but ADP is in a contract year. If I go with ADP and Rodgers, I wont pick until 30th overall.

Any thoughts? Like I said, win win pretty much no matter how I play it

WHIR

Thanks

ADP and McCoy without question.
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby msukc » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Quick follow up note. I kept Rodgers and ADP with a 1st and 2nd round sacrifice.

Logic here. ADP was and is still a stud. Average year for ADP is still a top five RB. And upside is huge. Dont forget he is not holding out (like Johnson) for a contract. He is going to let his play do the talking. I woudn't trade this guy for anyone in my league.

As for Rodgers, he is getting props for sure as the #1 or #2 QB in the league. But ignore all the "expert" rankings. Watch him play. He is smart. He throws a lot of balls. He has decent receivers and a team that depends on his yardage. And he is healthy. This guy took a beating the last couple of years and still put up stats. My league is touchdown heavy and yargage heavy. Plus bonuses for running yards and TDs. All in Rogers wheelhouse.

I love McCoy and hate to give him up but he isnt more valuable than these two guys.

My two cents.
KC
msukc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bungle613 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:08 am

msukc wrote:Quick follow up note. I kept Rodgers and ADP with a 1st and 2nd round sacrifice.

Logic here. ADP was and is still a stud. Average year for ADP is still a top five RB. And upside is huge. Dont forget he is not holding out (like Johnson) for a contract. He is going to let his play do the talking. I woudn't trade this guy for anyone in my league.

As for Rodgers, he is getting props for sure as the #1 or #2 QB in the league. But ignore all the "expert" rankings. Watch him play. He is smart. He throws a lot of balls. He has decent receivers and a team that depends on his yardage. And he is healthy. This guy took a beating the last couple of years and still put up stats. My league is touchdown heavy and yargage heavy. Plus bonuses for running yards and TDs. All in Rogers wheelhouse.

I love McCoy and hate to give him up but he isnt more valuable than these two guys.

My two cents.

Using your scoring system, compare Rodgers last year to the #6 and the #12 QB and see what the point differential was. It may change your mind.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby msukc » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:24 am

I would love to know. Scoring system:

QBs
Yardage - 10 points for 250 yards and the 1 point for every 10 yards afterward.
Yardage running/receiving - 5 points for 51 yards and 1 point for every 10 afteward
TDs - 6 points for 0-9 yards, 9 points for 10-39 yards and 12 points for 40+ (Double points for running/receiving (ie run a 12 yard TD and the QB gets 18 points)
Minus 1 for a sack or INT

RB
Yardage - 10 points for 100 yards and the 1 point for every 10 yards afterward.
Yardage passing/receiving - 5 points for 51 yards and 1 point for every 10 afteward
TDs - 6 points for 0-9 yards, 9 points for 10-39 yards and 12 points for 40+ (Double points for passing/receiving (ie run a 12 yard TD and the QB gets 18 points)

Rogers is a stud passer and scrambles with the best. I believe, he is the to QB with this system.
KC
msukc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bungle613 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:47 am

msukc wrote:I would love to know. Scoring system:

QBs
Yardage - 10 points for 250 yards and the 1 point for every 10 yards afterward.
Yardage running/receiving - 5 points for 51 yards and 1 point for every 10 afteward
TDs - 6 points for 0-9 yards, 9 points for 10-39 yards and 12 points for 40+ (Double points for running/receiving (ie run a 12 yard TD and the QB gets 18 points)
Minus 1 for a sack or INT

RB
Yardage - 10 points for 100 yards and the 1 point for every 10 yards afterward.
Yardage passing/receiving - 5 points for 51 yards and 1 point for every 10 afteward
TDs - 6 points for 0-9 yards, 9 points for 10-39 yards and 12 points for 40+ (Double points for passing/receiving (ie run a 12 yard TD and the QB gets 18 points)

Rogers is a stud passer and scrambles with the best. I believe, he is the to QB with this system.

I don't disagree that he will be the #1 QB for your system. The question is by how much? You can't compare the stats of a QB to a RB. You compare QB to QB. So, if Rodgers outpoints Romo (for example) by 37 points and McCoy outpoints whoever you end up with by 53 points, you lose an advantage.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions