Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Turner for Ray Rice - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Turner for Ray Rice

Moderator: Football Moderators

Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Turner for Ray Rice

Postby POJO_Risin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:23 am

I'm in a 12-team PPR, keeper league...

We aren't allowed to keep two players at the same position...

My keepers are Michael Turner and Aaron Rodgers, and I held onto Larry Fitzgerald for a potential trade (we don't have to dump players until our keeper date, which is August 10th).

I'm figure Rice is better than Turner (because of receptions), and while I love Fitz (with a new QB), I wouldn't keep him anyways.

Would you make this deal?
"All my friends now...they look up to me...the wish they could be...a lot more like me..." DLR
POJO_Risin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Turner for Ray Rice

Postby potatopotahto » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:52 am

That's a tough one. Again, you'd have to see how the QB situation pans out in ARI and see if ATL picks up another RB as there has been talks down here in Atlanta of the Birds picking up a supplemental back to help take the load off Turner...mostly just spec. I also think that ATL will start airing the ball out more with Ryan being in his fourth year and drafting Julio.

That's a dilemma for sure. In a PPR, it could be tempting but if ARI gets a QB and ATL doesn't add a RB, I think you gotta pass on the trade keep your team balanced, in my opinion.
potatopotahto
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:44 am

I would pull the trigger on this trade. To me Fitz is much more keeper worthy then Turner is...so it is Fitz for Rice and I prefer the Rice side much more. ;-D
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby LMack » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:00 am

I'm pretty high on Ray Rice going into the year. Rumors are Willis McGahee is going to get cut by the Ravens. Rice will flirt with double digit TDs this year while remaining a featured and pass catching back. You are giving up a lot, but that is what is needed to get a deal done for a top 10 player.

Would you have a 3rd keeper? Or would you only have Rodgers and Rice after the deal?
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:17 am

If you are set on keeping Rodgers then the deal makes sense for you. You make another team slightly stronger but you improve your keeper situation as well. Locking in a young, talented and proven RB as a keeper is the move to make.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Devil Doc » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:49 am

It would really suck losing Fitzy, but I think you really gain more with Rice. He's a younger player, with probably better years in front of him. Im not really fond of Turner, he's only 28 but his workload has been pretty heavy, I'd probably class him with SJax...not so much WILL he perform, but how long is it really going to last.

Having Rodgers and Rice to me is a very nice start to a solid squad.
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 92)

Postby Pitfan2782 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:37 pm

I'm very high on Rice this season. No McGahee, and rumor is McClain will be leaving, also. That means you get all his production, plus more TDs. Pull the trigger on this trade!
Pitfan2782
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby LSUby50 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:27 pm

Id definitely do the trade,since you can only keep 2 you're upgrading from Rodgers/Turner to Rodgers/Rice. Turner is near the downside of his career and i fully expect to see Snelling take over that role later this season or next if they resign him. Everything is set up for Rice to have an outstanding year now that Mcgahee is out of the way.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)

Postby msukc » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:03 pm

So Fitz is no good now? Wasn't he a stud not long ago and still pretty young? I don't like this deal. He is getting two potential studs for Rice. I get that Rice is higher rated than the other two but you are in 12 team league and talent will be stretched thin.

Only way I can see this being good is Turner is or has peaked and Rice is on the way up because he is younger. 29 vs 24. But fitz is a stud with one off year and arguably undervalued. Fitz is only 27 and in a contract year.

I say no and sit tight.
KC
msukc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Venom » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:09 pm

This is entirely based on the fact that you are just throwing Fitz away anyway.

Its a no-brainer. Turner has 1 maybe 2 good years left and Rice is just hitting his prime, and you aren't even keeping Fitz.

Its like trading Turner for Rice straight up. Its a win/win for both owners IMO.

Accept the trade and roll into 2011 with the top QB and a top 5 RB ;-D
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions