Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Turner for Ray Rice - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Turner for Ray Rice

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Turner for Ray Rice

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:29 pm

bungle613 wrote:If you are set on keeping Rodgers then the deal makes sense for you. You make another team slightly stronger but you improve your keeper situation as well. Locking in a young, talented and proven RB as a keeper is the move to make.

Yahtzee! Rodgers and Rice start beats the crap out of any of the other potential options. This kind of deal is exactly what you want to do in a keep-2 or 3 league ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby msukc » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:57 pm

Rogers, Turner and Fitz are keepers. You give up Turner and Fitz for the up and coming stud in Rice. My only counter to this theory is you are giving an no 1 rb and no 1 wr for a no 1 rb. With the size of your league, 16 wideouts are off the board leaving you with having to grab what is left over in that position.

But, I will admit, being light in the wideout is probably the best position to be weak. But Fitz was and could be a huge stud. If Turner has a good year and Fitz too, you may be passing on a championship for a future squad.

Not saying don't do it but don't jump into this deal without stepping back and understanding the ramifications.
KC
msukc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby msukc » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:35 am

Based on your keeper system, this trade is practically even. If it is me, I ride it out and don't do the trade. Fitz and Turner will out perform Rice. If you are certain Rice is better than both combined, then pull the trigger. I dont think so. Rice has been in the mid top ten backs the last couple of years. Fitz is a top WR and undrerrated. Turner still has one last season at least.

I will still say this is an even trade. But, I like the two for one side. Take two players for the price of Rice (whom is overrated)
KC
msukc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions