Late Rd RBs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Late Rd RBs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Late Rd RBs

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:09 pm

not much traffic on the cafe yet..surprising. i have a draft aug 11...so im starting my research now...and figured there woudl be more talk here. so ill throw out a topic and see what everyone can add

i have a 14 teamer w a flex..so having RB depth is crutial still. so i always load up on RBs at the end of the draft. so which ones have a better than average chance at becoming relevant

-ive heard Goodson being a steal...but w Williams back in Car i guess thats not going to happen
-does justin forsett have any chance at becoming a weekly starter?
-what is up w ben tate? he was suppose to be the good last year...then got hurt opening it up fully for foster
-cj spiller?
-whats up w the ariz Rbs? hightower still worth anything
-james starks show anything last year?

and i have no idea who any last round flyer Rbs would be....any suggestions?
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Late Rd RBs

Postby spodog » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:16 pm

shawngee03 wrote:-james starks show anything last year?

Uh, were you not one of the 111 Million people who watched the Super Bowl last year? 8-o

Over the 2nd half of the year, Starks proved himself a capable runner. I think he's a constant injury risk, mostly due to his running style and physique, though.

Depending on how things shake out in the short camp, I'd expect to see Starks goin off most boards as the 30th to 40th RB taken, so chances are good he'll be gone long before you are scoopin' up late round RB's like Hightower or Goodson or other scrubs.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:44 am

Mc Gahee just signed with Denver. He can be had late. In the least it's a RBBC and Denver brass has made it clear they are not loving Moreno..
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:36 pm

Here's RBs taken in the 2nd half of the cafe mock.

9.02 Brandon Jacobs - RB, NYG
9.05 Ryan Torain - RB, WAS
9.07 Delone Carter - RB, IND - great sleeper, but 9th is a reach, good value in the 11th or 12th
9.10 Mike Tolbert - RB, SD
9.11 Rashad Jennings - RB, Jax - good value here
9.12 Roy Helu, Jr. - RB, WAS - good value here
10.1 Montario Hardesty - RB, CLE - good value here
10.06 Ronnie Brown - RB, MIA
10.10 LaDainian Tomlinson - RB, NYJ
10.12 Shane Vereen - RB, NEP - reach for 2011, probably do not draft
11.10 Mike Goodson - RB, CAR - value a lot less now, do not draft
12.01 Bernard Scott - RB, CIN - good value here
12.02 Kendall Hunter - RB, SF - handcuff only
12.06 DeMarco Murray - RB, DAL
12.09 Reggie Bush, RB - NO - nice value play in PPR and 0.5 PPR
12.11 Pierre Thomas - RB, NO
12.12 Tashard Choice - RB, DAL - good value here
13.02 Ben Tate - RB, HOU - handcuff only
13.05 Danny Woodhead - RB, NEP
13.06 Tim Hightower - RB, ARI
14.04 Thomas Jones - RB, KCC
14.05 Justin Forsett - RB, SEA
14.06 Donald Brown - RB, IND
14.08 Willis McGahee - RB, FA - great value in the 8th or 9th at this point
14.10 Jacquizz Rodgers - RB, ATL
15.11 Bilal Powell - RB, NYJ - might show up in December but waiver fodder until then
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby LMack » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:33 pm

-ive heard Goodson being a steal...but w Williams back in Car i guess thats not going to happen
Agreed.

-does justin forsett have any chance at becoming a weekly starter?
Forsett has value in PPR leagues strictly as a third down back. That being said, if Lynch goes down, the starting RB job in Seattle should be Forsett's.

-what is up w ben tate? he was suppose to be the good last year...then got hurt opening it up fully for foster
Tate is worth an Arian Foster hand-cuff. The organization is pretty high on Tate, but it is hard to justify starting any running back in the world over Arian Foster right now. If Arian Foster has ball security issues early in the year, there is a chance he could lose the grip on the role. Gary Kubiak is quick to can RBs with ball security issues. That being said, the chances of that happening are relatively slim. An injury to Foster would lead to Tate being featured. Worth a flyer.

-cj spiller?
Fred Jackson is still set to the do "heavy lifting" in Buffalo. C.J. Spiller is talented, but he is going to high in drafts for me to bite this year. In PPR leagues, he is a flex play with upside.

-whats up w the ariz Rbs? hightower still worth anything

The carries will most likely be split three ways between Beanie Wells, Ryan Williams, and Tim Hightower. The biggest loser in the time share is Hightower. Ryan Williams shares the same role (change of pace, pass catching) that Hightower filled for the Cards last year. Beanie Wells brings a more physical running style, so it would seem he is less threatened by Ryan Williams than Hightower is. If all 3 backs stay healthy, which is a big if for Beanie, I predict the carries to go to Wells, Williams, and Hightower, in that order.

-james starks show anything last year?

Yes. Starks has a decent chance to win the GB starting running back job in camp this summer. Speculation is that Packers HC Mike McCarthy plans to lean on one back heavily, as he seems to be accustomed to doing. Should Starks win the job in the offs eason, his value becomes very high.

and i have no idea who any last round flyer Rbs would be....any suggestions?
Here's a couple:
-Rashad Jennings, talented handcuff to the injury prone MJD.
-Delone Carter, Addai is not getting any younger and he may be phased out for this rookie back.
-Roy Helu, A talented back in the crowded, chaotic Shanahan backfield. One injury or one shakeup could see him starting.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Mullet Emeritus » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:03 pm

This is great info. I've been drafting Wr-Wr-Wr for about the past 3 years and have won several leagues.

There are ALWAYS RBs at the end of the draft that find their way into your starting lineup by the end of the year.
Mullet Emeritus
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Shark1225 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:23 pm

Not late round RB's but later RB's taken I like are Lynch, Best, Scott. Marshawn Lynch has the talent and shold see the carries now. Best's value was gouged by the drafting of Leshore (sp?) but I think he is still the #1 guy in DET, and Bernard Scottis for when CIN has finally had enough of Benson and before they go out and get a RB with their top 5 pick next season.
QB: BREES, Cutler
RB: TURNER, MCGAHEE, R. JENNINGS, Leshoure, D. Williams, Hillman, Hunter, Dwyer
WR: CRUZ, GARCON, Amendola, Edwards, D. Baldwin
TE: GRAHAM
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 20)

Return to Football Talk