greg jennings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

greg jennings

Moderator: Football Moderators

greg jennings

Postby ssarmstro » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:10 pm

I wanted to get ppls thoughts on jennings this yr... I am thinking he is a sell high candidate... all the books have him in the 2nd tier of wrs.. but since finley arrived he has neen very inconsistent. He was playing the deep threat roll and finley ate up yrds. Does anyone think his role will change or should he be shipped??
Last edited by ssarmstro on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ssarmstro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: greg jennings

Postby J Per » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:52 pm

Number 1 WR in a pass heavy offense with one of the top QBs at the helm...I like him. Definitely would say he's an upper echelon receiver. I don't think he will face very many double teams because teams know Rodgers will spread it around if they do.
J Per
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Calyxes » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:54 pm

I am biased because I went to WMU when he was there, but I still think he is in for a great year. GB throws a ton and he is a legit #1 WR
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby ssarmstro » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:28 am

Ok, but wasnt he a #1 last yr and the HC decided to use him strickly as a deep threat clearing out for Finely? That is until finley got injured and Jennings started emanding the ball. I mean last yr was his 1st double digit TD season in a while.. if I recall correctly. in addition, jordy came on and driver is healthy.. I think his numbers will resemble Desean Jackson... Not very consistant but big games here and there...
ssarmstro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LMack » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:18 pm

I like Greg Jennings in 2011, but I'm not sure if he can replicate his 2010 line.

I don't know if you can count on Greg Jennings for double digit TDs with JerMichael Finley back. Aaron Rodgers loves throwing to Finley. According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Finley has come into camp in terrific shape, having lost 15 pounds. Finley is still very young (24) and all signs are pointing to him making a full recovery from his 2010 injury. Finley tweeted that his knee was "10000000000000%" healthy. Finley is a weapon, and I think the numbers will reflect that this year.

However, I don't think Greg Jennings' touchdowns will completely disappear. I see him missing double digits, but not by much. Even if he grabs ~8 TDs this year, he is still a solid WR1. It is important to remember that Jennings has tallied 3 consecutive years with 1000 yards or more. That trend should continue. I have Greg Jennings a little bit outside of my top 5 wideouts, and he should be drafted with confidence.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Guru13 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:56 pm

ssarmstro wrote:Ok, but wasnt he a #1 last yr and the HC decided to use him strickly as a deep threat clearing out for Finely? That is until finley got injured and Jennings started emanding the ball. I mean last yr was his 1st double digit TD season in a while.. if I recall correctly. in addition, jordy came on and driver is healthy.. I think his numbers will resemble Desean Jackson... Not very consistant but big games here and there...

Driver's pretty much done, just sayin.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Like Re: greg jennings

Postby ssarmstro » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:16 am

Every yr ppl discount driver and in the end he has 1000 yrd...lol ... I just wonder if the #2 wr on a team where they spread the ball arround can be a # 1. Also let's not forget mccarty is one of those coaches that shuffles his wrs in and out similar to how many are doing with rbs...lol
ssarmstro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Like Re: greg jennings

Postby Guru13 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:32 pm

ssarmstro wrote:Every yr ppl discount driver and in the end he has 1000 yrd...lol ... I just wonder if the #2 wr on a team where they spread the ball arround can be a # 1. Also let's not forget mccarty is one of those coaches that shuffles his wrs in and out similar to how many are doing with rbs...lol

Except last year, where he managed a measly 565 yards on 51 catches in 15 games for a yards/catch avg of 11.1 - the lowest in his career if you don't count the 1999 season in which he caught three passes. And the three seasons prior to that he just barely broke 1,000 yards, 1061, 1012, and 1048. I've always like Donald Driver, but he's pretty much on the way out at 36 years old.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Wenchtamer » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:29 pm

LMack wrote:I like Greg Jennings in 2011, but I'm not sure if he can replicate his 2010 line.

I have Greg Jennings a little bit outside of my top 5 wideouts, and he should be drafted with confidence.

This.
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer

Return to Football Talk