Fill in the blank - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fill in the blank

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Fill in the blank

Postby moochman » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:04 pm

bostonsoxandy wrote:The more I look into Felix Jones the more I like him. Everything points to an amazing year. So I will dedicate one entire post to him to cement my case.
First, the talent:
---24 years old
---Career 5.3 YPC
---only 331 carries on his career, fresh legs/not a lot of wear n tear
---great foundation year last year w/ 800 rush yards and 450 rec yards

Second, the fantasy value:
---Average ADP of 59.3 according to ESPN

And finally, the opportunity"
---Cut Marion Barber
---Tashard choice strained his calf (possibly out 2-4 weeks)
---Rookie DeMarco Murray hamstring injury (roughly out 2 weeks)

I smell a big year!!

Agreed. Felix has only to live up the the promise he showed a couple years ago. But he is not an unknown breaking out type player. Not sure that there is one for this year. Best from the Lions could fill the bill if he and his QB stay healthy. Running gets a lot easier when the threat of a strong passing game is there.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HoleInTheWallGang » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:09 pm

I know Foster isn't in the running here but, here's something to think about.
Houston Texans running back Arian Foster says he played all of 2010, a breakout season in which he led the league with 1,616 yards and 16 touchdowns, with cartilage damage in his right knee.

Foster kept it secret, he tells the Sporting News, for fear of losing his job.

"My responsibility and my job is to make sure the people in the front office don't replace me, because every single day they're looking to replace me," Foster says.

Foster, who went undrafted in 2009 and played in just six games as a rookie, had minor arthroscopic surgery on his right knee in February.

The 24-year-old, set to earn just $480,000 this year, said this week that he is not concerned with getting a new contract.

"I can't worry about that," he says. "I am tied to the Texans as an exclusive rights free agent and I know they'll take care of me."

What's scary is; look what he did with one good knee. What can he do with two??????? :-*
HoleInTheWallGang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dream_017 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:20 pm

bostonsoxandy wrote:Take out the entire NFC, since both Foster and Rice came from the AFC.

bostonsoxandy wrote:So there you have it. Felix Jones will be the next Arian Foster, or as close as anyone will get to that title. And if that doesn't happen then Beanie will do it. Hopefully.

:-? :-S :-?

:-b :-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:51 pm

Felix is a decent canidate for this topic (so is DeMarco Murray and Tashard Choice).

Mark Ingram, James Starks, Ryan Mathews, Javid Best/Mikel Leshoure, Ben Tate (if something were to happen to Foster), Addai/Brown/Deleone Carter are other guys who fit this mold - backs who play in explosive offenses (and also need something to happen to the guys they share the depth chart with).

Foster was the perfect storm, he played on a team with an offense that scored a ton and a defense that couldn't stop anybody, and was a focal point in a passing game that was with out it's best TE for most of the year, and a hobbled beast at WR in AJ.

Ingram (if he in fact emerges as the bell cow of the NO offense) is going to get plenty of chances to put up big numbers.

Starks could blow up if Grant is slowed by his ankle

Best/Leshoure either coluld be huge, Best in PPR formats, Leshoure otherwise if Stafford stays healthy.

Ben Tate is in line for a massive spike in value if Foster goes down.

Any of the Indy backs could blow up with Peyton doing what he does (IMO Addai is still the guy with the highest ceiling)
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby dgan » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:02 pm

I like whoever emerges as the frontrunner in Green Bay, whether that is a healthy Grant or a Starks replacing an unhealthy Grant. Grant, when healthy, was a guy that consistently got his 1400+ total yards on a team that could not run the ball to save its life. This is a high powered-offense that seemed to figure out last year how to run block a little, and will be looking to run more in the red zone. And McCarthy loves to have a workhorse back, all the more so since he won't have Jackson on third downs this year. Opportunity, productive offense, and a dual threat. All things similar to what Foster had.

Totally not predicting this, especially since I'm not even a Ryan Grant fan - just saying don't overlook the guy who missed all of last season. He could surprise.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby u_fig_eater » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:17 am

I'll throw Marshawn Lynch's name into the ring. I think he'll be "the man" in Seattle. Their other back, Justin Forsett, was signed by the previous front office. He doesn't fit the current philosophy of using big, physical players. Lynch should dominate the touches. With a shaky QB situation, the Hawks should run the ball plenty in the crappy NFC West.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk