I got new toys for the football season! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

I got new toys for the football season!

Moderator: Football Moderators

I got new toys for the football season!

Postby joejlitz » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:36 am

So, I've been saving my money for many years, being frugal, driving around old vehicles and living on old furniture, etc. Recently, I had a brain lobotomy and I stopped.

So I walked into Sams Club and bought a Samsung, 55" LED, internet ready, 240 Hz flat screen with a Blu-Ray player. They had a whole living room setup with Avatar playing and the picture was the most beautiful thing I ever saw. I felt like I was watching 3D, without actually wearing 3D glasses (the TV itself is not 3D). So I says to myself - I gotta get this to watch the Eagles!

The Sams Club workers load it on a cart for me and I push it by a Bose 5.1 Surround Sound system with an Onkyo Receiver. *deep breath* I press the button to hear a sample of it and it just blew me away.

Needless to say, I will be watching and listening to to the best season of football ever in my house!

:-) x 1,000,000
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: I got new toys for the football season!

Postby glackk » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:13 pm

Plus, you can hook up the old Nintendo and play hi-def 8-bit goodness in surround sound! ;-D
glackk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:37 pm

Nice! You'll be able to see and hear the huge FLUSH of the Eagles' season in HD when Vick breaks a leg in game 3 and they have to go to Vince Young at QB now that they traded Kolb away. ;-D
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:43 pm

Have you managed to figure out how to take it out of the boxes? Did you get all your cables right?

Back the new ride up into the living room. Give the wife a cheerleader outfit. Watch Iggles game. <--- I'm pretty sure I just summed up the rest of Joe's year.

edit: and snap a pic to post when ya get a chance.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby joejlitz » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:46 am

scottaa1 wrote:Have you managed to figure out how to take it out of the boxes? Did you get all your cables right?

Back the new ride up into the living room. Give the wife a cheerleader outfit. Watch Iggles game. <--- I'm pretty sure I just summed up the rest of Joe's year.

edit: and snap a pic to post when ya get a chance.

Couldn't fit the TV in this pic, but I got the new car and the cheerleader!

"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Return to General Talk