New LM to football, looking for advice WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

New LM to football, looking for advice WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

New LM to football, looking for advice WHIR

Postby jonboycubs » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:37 am

Hey guys, I am looking to create my first football league as LM, I have played in them but have just LM'd baseball leagues. Well football obviously had a totally differet schedule. Of course in my baseball league we got 16 teams and plenty of matchups due to all the games. So I guess getting actual question, What is a good number of teams to have in a league ? I know you can have as many as you want, but I want to make it say 8 teams so I can have two divisions and teams get to face each other more than once, especially playing in your division. Then what is a good way to schedule it. I know this is a simple question Just look at it like my brain is baseball schedule mode, so I just need pointed in the right direction so I can start making my league. Thank you for taking the time to read and answer this. Hope it comes across right.
jonboycubs
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: New LM to football, looking for advice WHIR

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:24 am

I answered your question in Commishoners corner ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: New LM to football, looking for advice WHIR

Postby Toughguy22 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:15 pm

I've been league manager for several years now.
You first need to figure out how many players you want on the active rosters. I had a league with 14 players and 16 roster spots. That was too many and there wasn't any waiver movement. If your going to have a 16 guy league, I recommend that you have only 2-3 bench spots. That makes it much more interesting with dropping valued players.
For matchups, I would leave it in 1 division otherwise everyone in the 2 divisions each player plays each other twice and only once in the other division. Start up a keeper league right away than trying to implement it later on.

Good Luck
Toughguy22
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Beginner's Forum