New Football Commish , Needs schedule advice WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

New Football Commish , Needs schedule advice WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

New Football Commish , Needs schedule advice WHIR

Postby jonboycubs » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:47 am

Also posted this in the begginers forum, so for double posting but was not sure which one hit up, thanks

I am looking to create my first football league as LM, I have played in them but have just LM'd baseball leagues. Well football obviously had a totally differet schedule. Of course in my baseball league we got 16 teams and plenty of matchups due to all the games. So I guess getting actual question, What is a good number of teams to have in a league ? I know you can have as many as you want, but I want to make it say 8 teams so I can have two divisions and teams get to face each other more than once, especially playing in your division. Then what is a good way to schedule it. I know this is a simple question Just look at it like my brain is baseball schedule mode, so I just need pointed in the right direction so I can start making my league. Thank you for taking the time to read and answer this. Hope it comes across right.jonboycubs
jonboycubs
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: New Football Commish , Needs schedule advice WHIR

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:16 am

jonboycubs wrote:Also posted this in the begginers forum, so for double posting but was not sure which one hit up, thanks

I am looking to create my first football league as LM, I have played in them but have just LM'd baseball leagues. Well football obviously had a totally differet schedule. Of course in my baseball league we got 16 teams and plenty of matchups due to all the games. So I guess getting actual question, What is a good number of teams to have in a league ? I know you can have as many as you want, but I want to make it say 8 teams so I can have two divisions and teams get to face each other more than once, especially playing in your division. Then what is a good way to schedule it. I know this is a simple question Just look at it like my brain is baseball schedule mode, so I just need pointed in the right direction so I can start making my league. Thank you for taking the time to read and answer this. Hope it comes across right.jonboycubs

I think 8 is a bit too small. I prefer a min of 10 and a max of 12. At 8 teams you get alot of teams full of studs. It becomes difficult to figure out who to start each week because you have studs on the bench. 10 makes it better and 12 seems perfect.

As for scheduling I cannot directly link you into a site. But here is a tip. Do a search on yahoo for Fantasy football scheduler. I think you will find exactly what you need in a ton of variations ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby jonboycubs » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:51 am

Yeah I dont want teams to be loaded with studs, I want thier to be more strategy in who to play and I dont want waivers to be stacked, think that kind of eliminates trades some what, so 12 should work, I will look into the schedule thing thanks for the advice
jonboycubs
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:54 pm

Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby jonboycubs » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:22 pm

excellent, thanks for the link
jonboycubs
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby glackk » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:59 pm

I've done 10 and 14 team leagues, but 12 just seems to be the perfect size. For scheduling, I usually just do H2H each week, which means some teams will play twice. Thems the breaks, just like the NFL. For a 12-team league, 4 team playoffs weeks 14-15 or weeks 15-16, depending on how much you think NFL teams will rest players going into the NFL playoffs. Never play week 17, but I'm sure you'll have differing preferences for playoff structure.
glackk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner