Eagles making some serious off season moves - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eagles making some serious off season moves

Moderator: Football Moderators

Eagles making some serious off season moves

Postby joejlitz » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:01 am

The birds landed the top off-season prize in Nnamdi Asomugha yesterday. Also among their signings/moves include:

Pro Bowler: Dominique Rogers-Cromartie
Pro-Bowler: Jason Babin (12.5 sacks last year)
Depth: Vince Young (QB)
Depth: Donald Lee (TE)

plus a 2nd round pick from Arizona.

This could be a great season! :-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Eagles making some serious off season moves

Postby daullaz » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:35 am

Only thing that could make the offseason better is to trade Samuel for a quality RT. Possibly an OLB -- dunno why they aren't going with Chaney in the middle. I bet they're just testing it out at the beginning of camp, but I see them flipping the two eventually.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby m16a » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:06 pm

And now they've signed Cullen Jenkins to a 5 year, 25 million dollar deal... Wow.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby daullaz » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:20 pm

daullaz wrote:Only thing that could make the offseason better is to trade Samuel for a quality RT. Possibly an OLB -- dunno why they aren't going with Chaney in the middle. I bet they're just testing it out at the beginning of camp, but I see them flipping the two eventually.

Carolina wants Samuel. I say we go after Dan Connor and a good draft pick -- Carolina obviously wants nothing to do with Connor after the deals they doled out this week. Or ... Jonathan Stewart?

If only Jeff Otah was on the table ...
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:08 pm

joejlitz wrote:The birds landed the top off-season prize in Nnamdi Asomugha yesterday. Also among their signings/moves include:

Cripes, now there will be no living with you Iggles fans. :-b Not that there was before. :-b :-b

Seriously, what is the status of Desean Jackson's contract? Is it up for renewal and if so, how will the signing of the high priced dandies affect the Iggles ability to sign D Jax?????

BTW, Iggles just became a very dangerous team. Were I a fan, I'd be loving this. ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby joejlitz » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:04 am

moochman wrote:
joejlitz wrote:The birds landed the top off-season prize in Nnamdi Asomugha yesterday. Also among their signings/moves include:

Cripes, now there will be no living with you Iggles fans. :-b Not that there was before. :-b :-b

Seriously, what is the status of Desean Jackson's contract? Is it up for renewal and if so, how will the signing of the high priced dandies affect the Iggles ability to sign D Jax?????

BTW, Iggles just became a very dangerous team. Were I a fan, I'd be loving this. ;-D

Heck, I'm a bit of a closet Lions fans, so for you - there's always room for one more, Moochie

As for D-Jack, the Eagles have a great capologist, so I'm certain there is money to sign him to a greater offer. I'm a little upset with the Eagles for not doing so already. Last year, they told him (to paraphrase from reports I remember reading) they want to restructure his contract but there was nothing they could do because of the CBA issues. Now that the CBA is resolved, so the Eagles need to pay the man. I want to see him in Midnight Green for another 5 years at least.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:28 pm

joejlitz wrote:
moochman wrote:

Heck, I'm a bit of a closet Lions fans, so for you - there's always room for one more, Moochie

As for D-Jack, the Eagles have a great capologist, so I'm certain there is money to sign him to a greater offer. I'm a little upset with the Eagles for not doing so already. Last year, they told him (to paraphrase from reports I remember reading) they want to restructure his contract but there was nothing they could do because of the CBA issues. Now that the CBA is resolved, so the Eagles need to pay the man. I want to see him in Midnight Green for another 5 years at least.

No offense Joe, but your Iggles have made my Leos eat crow far too often for me to ever consider doing anything more than throw a match at the gas drenched bandwagon and spurring the horses.
That is to say I cannot get the images out of my head of the Iggles dressed in some bizzard clownish unis and clubbing my Lions like a baby seal. think the score was 90-3. Ya just don't shake off that kind of drubbing. Hate the Iggles.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:49 pm

moochman wrote:

No offense Joe, but your Iggles have made my Leos eat crow far too often for me to ever consider doing anything more than throw a match at the gas drenched bandwagon and spurring the horses.
That is to say I cannot get the images out of my head of the Iggles dressed in some bizzard clownish unis and clubbing my Lions like a baby seal. think the score was 90-3. Ya just don't shake off that kind of drubbing. Hate the Iggles.

*SIGH* Sitting in section 305, I remember it like it was yesterday.

NFC: Philadelphia Eagles 58, Detroit Lions 37
Game summary
_________1 2 3 4 Total
Lions 7 0 14 16 37
Eagles 7 31 13 7 58

at Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Game time: 4:00 p.m. EST
Game weather: 38 °F (3 °C), clear
Game attendance: 66,099
Referee: Ron Blum
TV announcers (ABC): Al Michaels, Frank Gifford, and Dan Dierdorf

Game information
Prior to this game, Detroit tackle Lomas Brown famously guaranteed on television that the Lions would win. The Eagles responded by opening up with a 51-7 lead over the Lions. The Eagles scored 31 points in the second quarter, recorded 6 interceptions, and held running back Barry Sanders to 40 rushing yards en route to a 58-37 victory in the second highest scoring game in NFL postseason history. Philadelphia scored first with running back Charlie Garner's 15-yard touchdown, but was countered with Detroit quarterback Scott Mitchell's 32-yard touchdown pass to tight end David Sloan. Then Philadelphia exploded in the second quarter with Eagles kicker Gary Anderson's 21-yard field goal, quarterback Rodney Peete's 22-yard touchdown to wide receiver Fred Barnett, defensive back Barry Wilburn's 24-yard interception return for a touchdown, running back Ricky Watters's 1-yard touchdown, and wide receiver Rob Carpenter's 43-yard touchdown reception on a Hail Mary pass at the end of the first half. In the second half, a 45-yard touchdown reception by Watters and two more field goals by Anderson increased the Eagles lead, 51-7, still with slightly more than nine minutes remaining in the third quarter. From there, backup quarterback Don Majkowski replaced Mitchell and threw 3 touchdowns, and Ron Rivers added a 1-yard touchdown run, but by then the game was well out of reach.
Peete completed 17 of 25 passes for 270 yards and 3 touchdowns, while also rushing for 17 yards. Barnett caught 8 passes for 109 yards and a touchdown. Watters rushed for 49 yards, caught 3 passes for 64 yards, and scored 2 touchdowns. Lions receiver Herman Moore caught 7 passes for 133 yards and a touchdown.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby moochman » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:25 pm

You think that bothers me, Joe? Hah! My Leos have lost games like that to the Skins, Bolts, Patriots, heck pretty much any team with a pulse during our imperfect season. Can't believe I still love football for all the sod I've had shoved down my throat. :~(

BTW, I have not spoken a word to Lomas Brown since he made that gaurantee.
True fact.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby m16a » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:38 pm

According to Schefter on twitter, the Birds just signed Ronnie Brown. Whaaaaaat???
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk