Eagles making some serious off season moves - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Eagles making some serious off season moves

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Eagles making some serious off season moves

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:02 pm

ahhh, trash talk
New Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan appeared to take a shot at the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday when he referred to the Cowboys' NFC East rivals, who signed more big-name free agents than any other team this offseason, as the "all-hype team." Not content with that dig, Ryan promised that Cowboys would beat the Eagles' posteriors when the teams play this season.


http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... line_stack
Image
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8540
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Re: Eagles making some serious off season moves

Postby joejlitz » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:15 pm

m16a wrote:According to Schefter on twitter, the Birds just signed Ronnie Brown. Whaaaaaat???


;-D :-D and B-)
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: Eagles making some serious off season moves

Postby joejlitz » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:16 pm

scottaa1 wrote:ahhh, trash talk
New Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan appeared to take a shot at the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday when he referred to the Cowboys' NFC East rivals, who signed more big-name free agents than any other team this offseason, as the "all-hype team." Not content with that dig, Ryan promised that Cowboys would beat the Eagles' posteriors when the teams play this season.


http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... line_stack

I love trash talk. It's gonna make the rivalry that much more interesting.

God bless the Ryan family.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: Eagles making some serious off season moves

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:27 pm

wow on Ronnie Brown. i assume that will significantly reduce McCoy's fantasy value. now a 4th rounder or later insteda of a second rounder?
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator


Posts: 714
Joined: 6 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Eagles making some serious off season moves

Postby Guru13 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:45 pm

shawngee03 wrote:wow on Ronnie Brown. i assume that will significantly reduce McCoy's fantasy value. now a 4th rounder or later insteda of a second rounder?

Um. No?
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Eagles making some serious off season moves

Postby m16a » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:30 pm

shawngee03 wrote:wow on Ronnie Brown. i assume that will significantly reduce McCoy's fantasy value. now a 4th rounder or later insteda of a second rounder?



It makes him a 1.07 to 1.09 pick at worst. I still think he's the 6th or better pick in a PPR. The Eagles like McCoy, he's perfect in their system, and Brown is there as a short yardage grind type of back, and insurance in case McCoy goes down.
Image
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 5361
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 22 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere in PA

Re: Eagles making some serious off season moves

Postby moochman » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:49 pm

joejlitz wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:ahhh, trash talk
New Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan appeared to take a shot at the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday when he referred to the Cowboys' NFC East rivals, who signed more big-name free agents than any other team this offseason, as the "all-hype team." Not content with that dig, Ryan promised that Cowboys would beat the Eagles' posteriors when the teams play this season.


http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... line_stack

I love trash talk. It's gonna make the rivalry that much more interesting.

God bless the Ryan family.



No doubt, the spewage that comes out of the Ryan's pie-holes is a breath for fresh air. they get it, if your words are needed to fire up your opponant, you've already won.

most of the time. :-b
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: Eagles making some serious off season moves

Postby joejlitz » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:41 am

Eagles also picked up:

RT, Ryan Harris (DEN)
S, Jarrad Page (KC)

EDIT: Just announced on Mike and Mike: the Eagles signed Albert Pujols.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: Eagles making some serious off season moves

Postby Ek » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:48 am

Wow, they look almost as strong as the Vikings did at the start of last season!
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 706
Joined: 11 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: West Chicago, IL

Re: Eagles making some serious off season moves

Postby shawngee03 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:54 am

so nobody think Brown will take away touched from McCoy? i find that hard to beleive. if i remember correctly McCoy wa sthe only RB there last year. they woudlnt bring in Brown to do nothing.

even if he is brought in just to be a 3rd round back or grind it guy to spell McCoy....thats still touches away from McCoy

or maybe im just reaidng too much into it
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator


Posts: 714
Joined: 6 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 17:42 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact