Moderators: The_Captain, mutantseabass, Football Moderators

Re: 2009 Player Cut List

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:36 am

Flux wrote:whats the legal roster size?

The in-season roster size is 24 with 1 IR spot available ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Santacruzer » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:54 pm

I thought we were going up to 29??

From the General Discussion Thread, on May 21st:
The_Captain wrote:So with apologies offered, my commitment to the league is to make sure:

1. The Rules/Settings thread is as accurate as possible and up-to-date. MSB - I could use your help in make sure what's in there is accurate according to our conversations (those you can remember).
2. Making sure all drafts going forward, including this year, are based on the reverse order of the previous year's final regular season standings (excluding playoffs) with total points being the tie-breaker.
3. Expanding the rosters to 29 (24 man + 4 round draft + can't remember the extra slot (msb?))
4. Opening FA on June 1st, or there about once the Rookie/FA draft is over.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:03 pm

Santacruzer wrote:I thought we were going up to 29??

The_Captain wrote:So with apologies offered, my commitment to the league is to make sure:

1. The Rules/Settings thread is as accurate as possible and up-to-date. MSB - I could use your help in make sure what's in there is accurate according to our conversations (those you can remember).
2. Making sure all drafts going forward, including this year, are based on the reverse order of the previous year's final regular season standings (excluding playoffs) with total points being the tie-breaker.
3. Expanding the rosters to 29 (24 man + 4 round draft + can't remember the extra slot (msb?))

I think that is just for the off-season, then we still have to cut players before the season to get down to the 24 man roster
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Re: 2009 Draft Day Discussion

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:15 pm

The_Captain wrote:I've loaded all the draft players into FleaFlicker except for the following:

1. dream's pick of Arian Foster (RB, HOU) - he's not listed in the player list yet.
  2. logan's pick of Devin Moore (RB, SEA) - he's not listed in the player list yet.
  3. Flots 4.10 pick - because he hasn't picked yet.

Please look over your rosters and make sure I've loaded the players correctly (I was only on 1 cup of coffee when I loaded these this morning). Once Flots has picked, I'll open up FA.

Nice work Cap. Also remember that the rosters will be @29 until after the last week of the pre season. Not you Cap, just everyone in general.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:02 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Santacruzer wrote:I thought we were going up to 29??

I think that is just for the off-season, then we still have to cut players before the season to get down to the 24 man roster

Dream's correct and I think I know why this is confusing. The past couple of seasons, the roster sizes were never really "expanded" (to my recollection) to a roster size of 29. We'd....well, I guess "I", I've always had everyone post their cuts and then modified everyone's rosters to remove their cuts and add the new draft picks, thereby never really expanding the rosters during the off-season.

I apologize if this has created some confusion with how we've been operating. This is part of the reason I really don't think people need to post their cuts - just make sure your rosters sizes are trimmed to the required 24-man roster by (x) date and then I'll go in and reduce the rosters from 29 - 24.

What's everyone's feeling about posting vs. not-posting roster cuts?

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:37 pm

Seeing that we are going back to the way we had originally formed the league. You will not have to make cuts until after the final preseason game. The way I would like to see it done from here on out is on Labor Day you will need to make your final cuts to get your roster to the leagal size of 24. Anyone have any problems with this at all?

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: 2009 Draft Day Discussion

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:05 pm

A kicker in the 4th round Jesse???!!! Man thats too early to take a kicker! :-b

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby SeaWolf » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:52 pm

mutantseabass wrote:Seeing that we are going back to the way we had originally formed the league. You will not have to make cuts until after the final preseason game. The way I would like to see it done from here on out is on Labor Day you will need to make your final cuts to get your roster to the leagal size of 24. Anyone have any problems with this at all?

;-D
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The_Captain » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:45 pm

mutantseabass wrote:Seeing that we are going back to the way we had originally formed the league. You will not have to make cuts until after the final preseason game. The way I would like to see it done from here on out is on Labor Day you will need to make your final cuts to get your roster to the leagal size of 24. Anyone have any problems with this at all?

Great solution msb! ;-D

This way everyone is responsible for making their own cuts, thereby negating the need to post them in this thread. Following, msb's recommendation:

Roster cuts are due by: 9:00pm CST, Monday, September 7th, 2009

Tuesday morning, I'll reduce the roster size from 29 to 24 and we'll be good to go for the 2009 Fantasy Season. I'll also work on updating the Rules/Settings thread so everything is clear and concise.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Santacruzer » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:31 am

The_Captain wrote:

Great solution msb! ;-D

This way everyone is responsible for making their own cuts, thereby negating the need to post them in this thread. Following, msb's recommendation:

Roster cuts are due by: 9:00pm CST, Monday, September 7th, 2009

Tuesday morning, I'll reduce the roster size from 29 to 24 and we'll be good to go for the 2009 Fantasy Season. I'll also work on updating the Rules/Settings thread so everything is clear and concise.

That works for me. Sorry I was a bit confused there :-o .
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Legion of Doom