3rd keeper: wallace, greene or hillis? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

3rd keeper: wallace, greene or hillis? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

3rd keeper: wallace, greene or hillis? WHIR

Postby sha » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:05 pm

16 team keeper league, TD heavy scoring (6pt/td, 2 pts/50 yds rushing or receiving). we keep 3. michael turner and roddy white seem to be locks for my 1st 2 keepers. who should my 3rd keeper be and who should i try to deal before draft day? Mike Wallace (leaning towards making him my 3rd keeper at this point), peyton hillis (like the TD's, but lots of factors could lead to drop off) or shonn greene (could be a td machine, but also can be fumble machine, end up in rex's dog house again). thoughts? leave a link to yours !
sha
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 3rd keeper: wallace, greene or hillis? WHIR

Postby m16a » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:34 pm

Hey Sha,

Do you have any idea who your leaguemates will be keeping and will you be losing draft picks for keeping guys? I like Wallace a lot in this league because of his deep play ability and his chance to have high yardage and big TD totals. If you've got some solid RBs going back into the draft, keep Turner, White, and Wallace, and then get the best available RB in the draft and you should be set pretty good with good 1-2 punches at RB and WR. Even if there isn't a lot of RBs available, I don't think you can pass up a strong WR pair like White and Wallace. Good luck out there.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Indibuck » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:29 am

I would keep White, Greene, and Wallace over Turner, in that order.

Very nice start in a 16 team league.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby jmkratt » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:56 am

If it were me I'd roll with Greene as the last keeper. I really like him this year, great upside. I have trouble thinking Hillis will return another crazy Fantasy season.

Any help?
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=491032
jmkratt
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Calyxes » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:20 pm

safe keeper = Wallace
biggest potential = Greene

Just depends what else is out there but I really am high on greene this year
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:35 pm

Going a different way from the masses on this one. With that protracted yardage scoring, I think Wallace is the odd man out. I don't even know if he outgains Greene in yardage this season, and I think a Jets RB is a safer bet for double-digit TD upside than the burner WR. Turner is underrated this season in non PPR formats IMO, and I think he's your second guy after Roddy (and they could easily flip-flop)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby djadrock » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:29 pm

I agree with the earlier guy....keep Greene, Wallace, and White....3 best...turner is older and these guys give you a future as well....I see Turner doingn well but probably not better than Greene will
djadrock
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions