Bradshaw's Landing Spot - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bradshaw's Landing Spot

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bradshaw's Landing Spot

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:19 pm

I've never been a Bradshaw fan, but he's young and explosive and definitely has his fans. But, despite Mia going elsewhere for its Dan Thomas wingman, Ahmad Bradshaw didn't quickly resign with NY. Not even when Jacobs restructured to make cap room.

Now, his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, is looking around for other teams, starting with the Bengals, before Benson was re-signed. At this stage of FA, what teams would have a need for Bradshaw that would be willing to give the cash his talents will demand? Perhaps as the flash part in Seattle or TB? The Bucs have alot of money to spend before they hit the CBA's floor.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bradshaw's Landing Spot

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:19 pm

I'm pretty interested in this as well. I think Bradshaw is the single most underrated running back in the NFL. I believe he is a top 5 talent and in a decent situation as the feature back believe he could be a truly special fantasy player.

That said, I don't think most NFL GMs feel the same way about him and I think the DeAngelo deal plus having Rosenhaus as his agent are killing him here. Carolina way overpaid for DeAngelo (29 year old running backs signing huge deals have a pretty poor track record as of late), but you know Rosenhaus...if someone is getting that amount of money then he believes that his guy should be getting it too. Few teams outside of Carolina seem to be willing to pay that much for a back right now, and I don't think the NYG have any interest in doing so given that they plan to have their running backs split time.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:25 pm

Kareighuis wrote: At this stage of FA, what teams would have a need for Bradshaw that would be willing to give the cash his talents will demand?

I really don't see too many teams being as interested as first anticipated. The unfortunate fact, but very simple fact, is that it doesn't look like teams want to pay the money he is demanding, especially for the type of back he is. His small frame has already taken punishing blows and just like the AP he has questions about how his running style will effect his longevity.

He has already shown some injury wows that could or could not be caused by his aggressive running style, so it may be shying some teams away given the demands of a long length, big money contract. If I had to guess tho I'd say with the Giants losing on the Burress sweepstakes that they won't allow a loss on Bradshaw.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kareighuis » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:38 am

Another aspect of this is what the Giants do if they lose Bradshaw somehow. They've recently been connected to Jason Snelling, a powerful back lacking explosiveness, and some weeks ago were connected to Ronnie Brown.

Depending on who the Giants get if they decline to pursue Bradshaw, it could make Jacobs a bargain value late.

Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby m16a » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:23 am

Kareighuis wrote:Another aspect of this is what the Giants do if they lose Bradshaw somehow. They've recently been connected to Jason Snelling, a powerful back lacking explosiveness, and some weeks ago were connected to Ronnie Brown.

Depending on who the Giants get if they decline to pursue Bradshaw, it could make Jacobs a bargain value late.

Because I've been mocking under the assumption that Bradshaw will not return to NYG, I've been targetinbg Jacobs, since he's a more than capable starting RB. He's got solid RB2 ability and he's going what looks like 7th and later. I'll roll the dice on a guy by then.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby HoleInTheWallGang » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:51 pm

Giants agreed to terms with RB Ahmad Bradshaw.

According to Rotoworld.
HoleInTheWallGang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kareighuis » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:46 pm

m16a wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:Another aspect of this is what the Giants do if they lose Bradshaw somehow. They've recently been connected to Jason Snelling, a powerful back lacking explosiveness, and some weeks ago were connected to Ronnie Brown.

Because I've been mocking under the assumption that Bradshaw will not return to NYG, I've been targetinbg Jacobs, since he's a more than capable starting RB. He's got solid RB2 ability and he's going what looks like 7th and later. I'll roll the dice on a guy by then.

I agree. I've appreciated Jacobs as my RB2 in 1 dynasty and had considered targeting him for quality depth. Unfortunately, Rotoworld indicates Bradshaw signed with the Giants. It took awhile, they say, because the market responded to his 4 leg surgeries in 2 offseasons. I really think he'd have been a great add for either Seattle or TB.

Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dgan » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:50 pm

I think the Giants have been slowly starved following their SB win - it seems like every year they are struggling to keep their team together under the cap and unable to make upgrades at any position, either through FA or the draft. Their offensive line looks like it will be as weak as it has in a decade, so there may be a good chance the NYG RBs will be overvalued in fantasy leagues. Especially since you could make the argument that in hindsight they were overvalued the past couple years as well.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Return to Football Talk