A. Peterson for J. Charles - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

A. Peterson for J. Charles

Moderator: Football Moderators

A. Peterson for J. Charles

Postby Those About To Rock » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:58 pm

I have Foster as my other RB, currently I own Peterson (keeper league, pre-draft)

Charles is on a better team with a better offense.

Harvin was terrible when Rice was out. McNabb is probably not going to be the spark that the team needs to get going. I expect Peterson to have a bad season or two -- even if he is the more talented back.

Thoughts?
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: A. Peterson for J. Charles

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:05 pm

PPR league? If not I'd stay put with those two.

If so, I like Charles more straight up, so I'd do it. That said, AD did, does and will always have higher perceived value, so if it's PPR and you want to deal, I'd make sure to extort the other owner out of at least a swap of first and second rounders, and I'd probably shoot even higher at first ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby prophecy135 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:09 pm

PPR league? If not I'd stay put with those two.

If so, I like Charles more straight up, so I'd do it. That said, AD did, does and will always have higher perceived value, so if it's PPR and you want to deal, I'd make sure to extort the other owner out of at least a swap of first and second rounders, and I'd probably shoot even higher at first

I agree with this, on all angles definetly try to get a pick out of him as well! AD carries name value and I agree with your assesment of the Vikes this year, I think AD will run into 8 in the box all year, especially if the Vikes don't land someone better then Jenkins at WR...
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby Those About To Rock » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:30 pm

I'm going to try to toss in Gore I think (the 49ers in a terrible, terrible spot and Gore is soooooo injury prone) for a high draft pick in this season's draft. Hopefully it'll work out.
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:34 pm

Those About To Rock wrote:I'm going to try to toss in Gore I think (the 49ers in a terrible, terrible spot and Gore is soooooo injury prone) for a high draft pick in this season's draft. Hopefully it'll work out.

Gore and Peterson for Charles and a draft pick? No way, that's way too much! We were saying AD for Charles and a draft pick. Anything more given up on your side and you better be getting a lot more in return ...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby prophecy135 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:36 pm

I'm going to try to toss in Gore I think (the 49ers in a terrible, terrible spot and Gore is soooooo injury prone) for a high draft pick in this season's draft. Hopefully it'll work out.

yeah, not quite what we meant.. as stated above, AD for Charles + a pick.. And for what its worth, I think, if Gore stays healthy, he's an excelent option, looking at it before any games have been played, his schedule looks soft and they should run the offense through Gore and Davis. again if its a ppr league Gore becomes even more valuable.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby Venom » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:04 pm

I wouldn't even make that trade unless I was getting something extra in return.

I love Charles this year, and I have him ranked #4 overall.

BUT...I have Peterson ranked #2. I feel he is a more consistent option to anchor your team. If I am trading him away for a downgrade, although very slight, I want a little something to make it worth my while.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby Those About To Rock » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:07 pm

We're not PPR. If I get Charles, my keepers would look like this (we only get 5)

J. Charles
A. Foster
C. Johnson
L. Fitz

then either T. Brady (I think the draft is going to have some depth this year in QB) or D. Bowe.

I also have M. Austin and V. Jax sitting idle.

I picked up Gore at the tail end of last season, he was dropped to make room on a roster because he was injured. I only got him for trade fodder. I have no faith in his health, and it is not a risk I deem worthwhile. Since I have no intention on keeping him anyways...or I could even try to throw in Bowe and pick up Andre Johnson from this guy. Lot of options there, and I don't think too many are unfavorable. My goal is to go into the season with the strongest 5 I can. I don't think Peterson hits that mark, and I really don't like Gore atm.
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Non PPR, I would stay put and keep these five:

1. AD
  2. Foster
  3. Calvin or Chris Johnson (which is it?)
  4. Fitz
  5. Jackson (especially if that is Chris Johnson)

Only way you keep Brady IMO is if that's Calvin Johnson, giving you two great keeper WRs. If it's Chris, your RBs are ridiculous and I'd keep the elite (and younger WR) over Brady any day ... For the record, I have Austin also miles ahead of Bowe ...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby Indibuck » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:50 pm

No way do I trade AP for Charles, regardless of format... unless you get extra points for having a hideously hard schedule in the second half of the season. :-?
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions