looking for a site... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Beginner's Forum

looking for a site...

Moderator: Football Moderators

looking for a site...

Postby mind riot » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:06 pm

I've been playing fantasy football with the almost the same guys for 7 years now. Out of those 7 years the same guy has won 5 times. I don't want to say he knows nothing about football, because he obviously knows something if he keeps on winning, but he knows nothing about football.

The guy wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between a cornerback and a linebacker. He probably couldn't even tell you how many guys are on the field.

It drives me CRAZY. It drives me crazy that I invest so much time in the sport, and in fantasy football yet this guy watches a fraction that I watch and is able to win fantasy football every season.

i know he uses some site/blog for all of his info. i've tried looking for it myself but have some up short. the internet is a huge place and this might be a stretch. but i was hoping one of you knew of this site/blog.

i know this site is run by one guy/writer. i'm thinking its more of a blog than a full out website.

he claims to have won alot of money playing fantasy football over the years.

i think the site is mostly evaluating mock drafts that he has done and breaking them down.

i know this sounds really dumb. i'm not looking to copy his idea. my ego is to big for that anyways lol. i just want to get inside of his head and see what he is up to.
mind riot
Monday Morning Quarterback


Posts: 2
Joined: 1 Aug 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: looking for a site...

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:33 pm

mind riot wrote:I've been playing fantasy football with the almost the same guys for 7 years now. Out of those 7 years the same guy has won 5 times. I don't want to say he knows nothing about football, because he obviously knows something if he keeps on winning, but he knows nothing about football.

The guy wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between a cornerback and a linebacker. He probably couldn't even tell you how many guys are on the field.

It drives me CRAZY. It drives me crazy that I invest so much time in the sport, and in fantasy football yet this guy watches a fraction that I watch and is able to win fantasy football every season.

i know he uses some site/blog for all of his info. i've tried looking for it myself but have some up short. the internet is a huge place and this might be a stretch. but i was hoping one of you knew of this site/blog.

i know this site is run by one guy/writer. i'm thinking its more of a blog than a full out website.

he claims to have won alot of money playing fantasy football over the years.

i think the site is mostly evaluating mock drafts that he has done and breaking them down.

i know this sounds really dumb. i'm not looking to copy his idea. my ego is to big for that anyways lol. i just want to get inside of his head and see what he is up to.


Doesn't sound dumb at its core at all. That said, look no further, as you've found a much more valuable fantasy resource right here in the Cafe than anything he's found on the site of one lone expert. The Cafe is filled with some of the most knowledgeable fantasy dudes on the whole Web, and if you stick around here I think you'll find everything you're looking for and more ...

Welcome to the Cafe - hope you stick around and we see much more of you in the future ;-D
Image
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8164
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New to the "block"

Re: looking for a site...

Postby mind riot » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:37 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
mind riot wrote:I've been playing fantasy football with the almost the same guys for 7 years now. Out of those 7 years the same guy has won 5 times. I don't want to say he knows nothing about football, because he obviously knows something if he keeps on winning, but he knows nothing about football.

The guy wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between a cornerback and a linebacker. He probably couldn't even tell you how many guys are on the field.

It drives me CRAZY. It drives me crazy that I invest so much time in the sport, and in fantasy football yet this guy watches a fraction that I watch and is able to win fantasy football every season.

i know he uses some site/blog for all of his info. i've tried looking for it myself but have some up short. the internet is a huge place and this might be a stretch. but i was hoping one of you knew of this site/blog.

i know this site is run by one guy/writer. i'm thinking its more of a blog than a full out website.

he claims to have won alot of money playing fantasy football over the years.

i think the site is mostly evaluating mock drafts that he has done and breaking them down.

i know this sounds really dumb. i'm not looking to copy his idea. my ego is to big for that anyways lol. i just want to get inside of his head and see what he is up to.


Doesn't sound dumb at its core at all. That said, look no further, as you've found a much more valuable fantasy resource right here in the Cafe than anything he's found on the site of one lone expert. The Cafe is filled with some of the most knowledgeable fantasy dudes on the whole Web, and if you stick around here I think you'll find everything you're looking for and more ...

Welcome to the Cafe - hope you stick around and we see much more of you in the future ;-D


i've been lurking for a bit.

but now that i'm signed up you will see more of me
mind riot
Monday Morning Quarterback


Posts: 2
Joined: 1 Aug 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: looking for a site...

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:42 pm

mind riot wrote:i've been lurking for a bit.

but now that i'm signed up you will see more of me


Sweet, good to hear ;-D
Image
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8164
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New to the "block"

Re: looking for a site...

Postby glackk » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:17 am

How active is the league in terms of trades and free agency? I find seasons are won and lost on the transactions during the course of the season more so than the initial draft (which is easier to prepare for if you know nothing). That's the absolute best thing about the site, is the advice you can get about potential trades and adds/drops. ;-D
glackk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 792
Joined: 27 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: looking for a site...

Postby dino268 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:18 pm

I have started a free league on ESPN called Paul's Wrecking Crewe. The draft is Friday Aug 26th. You are welcome to join that league. We try to be competitive but mostly it will be just fun. I am currently looking for 5 managers.
dino268
Monday Morning Quarterback


Posts: 3
Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: looking for a site...

Postby billlum1971 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:20 pm

I just started using fantasy starters, seems pretty good so far
billlum1971
Monday Morning Quarterback


Posts: 3
Joined: 4 Sep 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: looking for a site...

Postby c0megets0me » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:41 am

This is the site your looking for.......rest easy my friend.......Your HOME :-)
Image
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1955
(Past Year: 27)
Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pennsylvania


Return to Beginner's Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:20 hours
(and 44 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact