What players are always on your team? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What players are always on your team?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What players are always on your team?

Postby Venom » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:45 pm

I went 3 or 4 years drafting the same kicker, Nate Kaeding.

H was always in the top 10, and San Diego always had their bye in Week 11, so that meant I didn't have to worry about a replacement kicker until late in the season.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GridIronBoss » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:17 pm

In mine I always seem to get the middle class guys. Except for QB, which I usually grab Manning or Brady if I can... I actually won a league twice in a row with a #6 and #12 RB and both my WR were outside the top 10... but then again hows that old saying go "Any Given Sunday" :)
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=491259-Grid Iron Keeper League- Looking for Teams- 4 keeper league
GridIronBoss
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby HunglikeChampions » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:36 am

I think I have had Bernard Scott on every one of my teams the past 2-3 years as he has always been one of "those guys" ready to break out as soon as benson gets hurt or just sucks. Hasnt happened yet lol
HunglikeChampions
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby m16a » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:24 am

Venom wrote:I went 3 or 4 years drafting the same kicker, Nate Kaeding.

H was always in the top 10, and San Diego always had their bye in Week 11, so that meant I didn't have to worry about a replacement kicker until late in the season.

Recently Kaeding was a guy that I got a lot as well in the most recent years. Shayne Graham was that Kicker for me during his decent years with Cincinnati.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby thedrizzle » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:19 pm

Antonio Gates is the only guy I trust enough to have on my team year after year. I only play one team per year as a way to truly gauge how successful I truly am. Including this year, he's been on my team 3 straight years.
thedrizzle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:44 pm

Matt Schaub lol. I always wait until the mid rounds to get a QB...and for some reason he's always there. I wasn't upset at all when I looked at my draft sheet last year and saw his name not marked off on my sheet in the 6th round
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby murphysxm » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Steve Smith (Car) has been on one of my teams for like 7 years running. He always drops late enough I think he's worth the pick. Still waiting for him to actually make me look good by picking him.....
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:31 am

oh without a doubt its kaeding :-b. i probably end up with him in 80% of my leagues every year :-b. and not anymore, but for a long time it seemed like i always ended up with clinton portis. portis is my sleeper this year so i think i can wait and take him in the 5th round or so :-b ;-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Chicago 2 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:00 am

I've been riding with Maurice Jones Drew for a couple years now but I'm finally letting go. Don't trust his health and his performance last year was disappointing.

You can't go wrong with Reggie Wayne, love taking him each year because you know exactly what to expect, hes slipping on my board some only because of Peyton's injury.

In my league I'm generally the one to take a risk on rookies, two years ago I nabbed both Forte and Johnson when they were rookies. Last year I took Mike Williams and jahvid Best, whome I traded after the first couple weeks when his value was high. I am definitely not afraid to snap up the best available player left on the board if a guy is still available late. I'm thinking Shonn Greene might be a guy that falls a couple rounds and I might just take the risk on him.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby dream_017 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:04 am

deluxe_247 wrote:oh without a doubt its kaeding :-b. i probably end up with him in 80% of my leagues every year :-b. and not anymore, but for a long time it seemed like i always ended up with clinton portis. portis is my sleeper this year so i think i can wait and take him in the 5th round or so :-b ;-)

Did I just write this :-?

Seems I also always had Portis and more times than not I had Kaeding too
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Previous

Return to Football Talk