Just inherited team... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Just inherited team...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just inherited team...

Postby BurritoBoy » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:03 am

Hey guys, I just got this team in a dynasty type league. The catch is, whatever real team you have, you have exclusive rights to those players, in FA and rookie draft. I have the 7th pick in the draft. My team is pretty deep at WR. I was thinking in trading to get another good RB. 2 round rookie draft. Start 1 QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1W/T, 1W/R. .5PPR.

I (Steelers) trade: Vincent/DeSean Jackson, my 1st rounder

Patriots trade: Matt Forte, his 2nd rounder

What do you think of this trade? Ill post both rosters. He has #1 pick in both rounds, I have 7th.

Me:
QB-Big Ben, Cassel
RB-Gore, Mendenhall, T Jones
WR- H Nicks, VJax, DJax, S Holmes, D Amendola, M Wallace, J Jones
TE- B Pettigrew

Him:
QB- Brady, Flacco
RB- Forte, J Stew,R Brown, LT
WR-Manningham, Maclin, D Bowe, D Branch, K Walters
TE-M Lewis, T Heap

I don't have much exp trading draft picks, but I feel that not many rookies who will be available to me would help me much, the only being Daniel Thomas. What do y'all think about this? Oh, the "untouchable teams are: Steelers, Saints, Pats, Bills, Bengals, Cowboys, Chargers, Vikings, Colts, and Cardinals.
Last edited by BurritoBoy on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Just inherited team...

Postby BurritoBoy » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:15 am

Also, because the guy has the top overall pick, he basically has access to Daniel Thomas. Ingram and AJ are both undraftable, due to the nature of this league. I was thinking also talking him something along the lines of he drafts Thomas then trades him to me for something. Let me know what y'all think about either of these.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:00 pm

You could use a tad bit of help at RB, and I think you're quite deep at WR, so the move makes sense on the surface, but I think you'd probably be giving up a bit too much value to pull this off. No way I'd give VJax and a 1st rounder for Forte and a 2nd, but the DeSean deal is slightly more to my liking. I prefer VJax's upside/consistency over DJax's if you were going to ask why one over the other.

I don't think you need to jump at the first deal that's close, since starting Gore, Mendy, Nicks, Jackson, Jackson, Holmes and Wallace isn't that much different than Gore, Mendy, Forte, Nicks, Jackson, Holmes and Wallace. The second one evens out your depth somewhat, but with only .5 PPR and the ability to start up to 5 WRs, I don't think that should be your main concern.

If the other guy can sweeten the deal a bit more then I'd be telling you to be all over it, but since he's already crippled at RB and shouldn't be making this deal in the first place I just don't know ...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BurritoBoy » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:25 pm

Yeah I haven't done anything official yet. I just sent him an email regarding so. I like VJ better too, that's why I wouldnt really do it for him. He does have the top overall pick, and I would love to get Daniel Thomas. I told him I wanted to work out a trade for either Forte or that pick.

I talked to another team owner, and we sort of verbally said that we agreed on him giving me Steven Jackson and a couple D players, I give him DeSean and a couple D players. But I don't know how many great years SJ has left, he takes such a pounding. That's why I was thinking I would like Forte/D Thomas more.

Someone else wants Holmes for Benson straight up. I was thinking maybe I do one of these 2 trades, then go after maybe Forte and the top spot

In my head it went something like this:
Give SJax, VJ, and #7

Get Forte, scrub player, and #1

Or replace SJ with Benson if I did that one, and go with Holmes and DJ over VJ.

Thoughts? All this is contingent upon reaching an agreement with the Patriots guy though. Given the other options I have, what do you think? This all rooted from only having 1 RB on the roster.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bungle613 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:47 am

I think you are looking a this perfectly BB.

I don't buy into Forte but he has proven me completely wrong 2 years now. Maybe I am just flat out wrong about him and he is a solid player.

You have great depth at WR and can afford to lose one and moving from 1.07 to 2.01 and upgrading your RB's is a great move. You are right in that 1.07 and 2.01 are both crap shoots.

Take the deal but you may even be able to get him to throw in a 2012 2nd as well.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BurritoBoy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:14 pm

I went with the SJ/DJ deal. Said no to Holmes deal cuz I lose my WR depth for just Benson. The Pats guy wot reply to hardly anybody else in the leagues emails, so I've just given up on that trade. My team is now:
QB-same
RB-Mendy, SJ, Gore
WR-Holmes, VJ, Wallace, Danny, Nicks, and JJones.

I wish I could had gotten Forte/better pick, but he's a dud. I'll just hope I get draft lucky. Since most draftable good RBs will be gone by pick 7, I'll just look defense. Rules are in this league, only you can pick up/draft anybody from your own real team. So I can drop Wallace/Mendy/Ben anytime I want, and nobody else can touch them unless the trade me something for them. I can't touch Green/Ingram or people like that. Also, you have exclusive rights on player your team has previously drafted. Is complex. What are some good rookie IDPs that I could get?
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions