Yabbydoo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Please Rate My New Draft

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:46 am

This a 12-teamer? Maybe 14?

Since it's non PPR I like your RB tandem (likely taken near the end of the 1st, beginning of the 2nd turn), and you have a solid WR corps with some big game abilities for sure. Rivers is a great QB to have and you're looking just fine at TE/K/D as well.

My only qualm with the team is your bench depth - almost makes me think it might be a 14-teamer, though I think your starters are too good for that to be the case. Not really a fan of anyone on the bench other than your Giants. Moss is certainly worth rostering, I'm just not that high on him. Mason and Woodhead are pretty close to WW fodder IMO, and you don't need to be carrying a second D/ST (especially the Browns), so I'd consider cutting at least Mason and the D for some high-risk, high-reward upside guys at WR/RB if there's anything left in FA/on the wire.

Overall I like the starters quite a lot, and even with the bench depth considered I think I'd put you in the B/B+ range with a great shot at the playoffs. After that, it's anyone's game ;-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StixItClose » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:35 pm

Agreed. The starters are good enough for an above-average start to the season, but that bench doesn't match up. The good news is you can jettison some of those guys risk free if something good comes up on waivers. I'd be looking there if I were you.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
StixItClose
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby P1Army » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:43 pm

It’s impossible to evaluate a draft without knowing how many teams are in the league. In a 14 team league this team is outstanding in a 10 team league this team is about average.

In either case I would look to draft a better RB3 you could have spent that Manning pick on a better 3rd rusher and waited and picked up a guy like Bradford kolb matt ryan or even matt cassel you’ll only need that backup for 1 week you will never bench Rivers for Eli, and Eli will not trade well. As a matter of fact if I landed rivers I probably wouldn’t even draft a backup QB. I’d let the first week roll by and start looking for trade bait or waiver pickups Guys like Orton or McNabb might go undrafted and you can just snatch them up for a bye week fill in while you let other project draft picks develop….
Send questions direct to my twitter account @gallegosdavidm
P1Army
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Yabbydoo » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:53 pm

Well I am new at this guys Im learning all of this as I go...and for a matter of fact there is still mcnabb/orton and all those guys available and its Just a 10 person league so Im guess im average...For Eli Idk what to do wit him there has bee someone who needs him
Yabbydoo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)

Return to Roster Ratings