Trade my CJ2K for Vick? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade my CJ2K for Vick?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade my CJ2K for Vick?

Postby slick56 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:22 am

I have my draft coming on Aug 30th. 12 team keeper league you keep 3 guys. PPR, 4 pts TD pass, 1 pts every 25 pass yds, 1 pt every rush/rec yard, 6 pts every rush/rec TD and receptions are .5 for RB, .75 for WR, 1 for TE.

MY 3 keepers.....Darren McFadden, Jaamal Charles and Chris Johnson.

I am being offered Vick and a 6th rd pick for Chris Johnson and my 2nd rd pick (I have 2).

I know, this is high risk high reward type of trade. Vick can be the top fantasy player this yr or get hurt and miss some games. Cj2k has a vet QB now and new offense. But he has to get his contract so i dont know what to do at this point....thoughts?
slick56
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade my CJ2K for Vick?

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:08 pm

No chance I swap Johnson for Vick AND a 4-round downgrade. I wouldn't do that for any of your backs, to be honest. I'd consider selling DMC and your 2nd for Vick and a 4th, and that's about as low as I'd go.

Remember, this guy is probably desperate for RB and wants to offload the risk of Vick, especially in a keep 3. He's the one that's pressing, so make sure you respond accordingly. Offload some risk and upgrade your QB without losing much of a pick? Sure. Just don't do that with Johnson or Charles.

With those three backs and 3 picks in the first two rounds you're set up very nicely and don't have to make any moves that aren't no-brainer upgrades for you - keep that in mind, don't take any wild deals and you'll be golden after the draft's 3rd round by going BPA/WR early and often ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Indibuck » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:12 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:No chance I swap Johnson for Vick AND a 4-round downgrade. I wouldn't do that for any of your backs, to be honest. I'd consider selling DMC and your 2nd for Vick and a 4th, and that's about as low as I'd go.

Remember, this guy is probably desperate for RB and wants to offload the risk of Vick, especially in a keep 3. He's the one that's pressing, so make sure you respond accordingly. Offload some risk and upgrade your QB without losing much of a pick? Sure. Just don't do that with Johnson or Charles.

With those three backs and 3 picks in the first two rounds you're set up very nicely and don't have to make any moves that aren't no-brainer upgrades for you - keep that in mind, don't take any wild deals and you'll be golden after the draft's 3rd round by going BPA/WR early and often ;-D

I second all of this. Great analysis and recommendations.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby slick56 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:09 pm

WaCoug, excellent feedback. This other GM whos selling me on Vick is trying to pry a pick as well from me and telling me "IF" Vick play 16 games he will be the #1 fantasy player period. That may be the case but its not a definate. I told him if anything I would do a 1 for 1 no picks but he wont budge. I keep forgetting this (this league is going on 10yrs now) :
1) I had Vick in 2004 and he sat out my week 16 which cost me the SB in my league.
2) I had in for years when he was on the falcons and was waiting for his 2010 season to happen and it never did.
3) I won my SB in 2009 and 2010 back to back, 1 because of CJ2K himself!.

Ya know, youre right, I am in the drivers seat here and dont need to do anything at this point. I guess I am one of those guys who trades just to trade. Heck, I traded Hakeem Nicks and Cooley for Jaamal Charles and Mike Wallace back in week 4 of 2010 and was told it was the worst trade in league history. Sometimes the best trades are the ones you dont make.

Cheers!
slick56
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions