Tough Keeper Choices (I'll help you) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Tough Keeper Choices (I'll help you)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Tough Keeper Choices (I'll help you)

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:27 pm

Lucky7 wrote:We can only keep up to one player drafted in the first 8 rounds. It opens up the draft a bit more. My concern about keeping two rbs is it hamstrings me a little in the first two rounds if a rb happens to fall. I'm almost forced to go wr wr. If a rb like gore or mjd happen to fall to me at 1.07, I'd be in a tough spot. Same if someone like dmc falls to me at 2.04. I guess that wouldn't be a terrible problem tho. Hmmmm

Did you spell that part out before, or just say you couldn't keep both? I swear I don't remember reading that ...

Like Instinctive said (now that we're more or less on the same page), There would be nothing wrong with a Johnson, Blount, DMC-ish, WR at 2.04 start at all. I highly doubt DMC comes anywhere near 2.04 and am not sure he survives 1.07 depending on how y'all draft, but I think if you have 3 RBs after your first pick that would be ideal under the circumstances. Keeping two RBs doesn't make you go WR-WR unless it's a 2RB, 3WR league, but since you have a 2-and-2 with a flex, going RB x3 is gold IMO ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lucky7 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:33 pm

In my first post I said I can't keep both CJ and foster but didn't say why.
Thanks for your thoughts. ;-D
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Instinctive » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:38 pm

You're not forced to go WR early at all. One of the guys you listed in OP is there at your 1st round pick...because you listed 8 guys. Take one of the ones that is there.

In a 10 team league, having multiple elite guys at your scoring system's most important position is way more important than having a middle of the road WR1 like Austin. Especially when you consider that a guy like Fitz ought to be there at 2.04.

Starting with DMC/Forte/SJax and CJ4.24 and Blount already locked in late would be a dream come true for me in this league. You're really going:

1. RB1
2. WR1
3. RB1 (CJ)
15. RB2 - who you'll actually play as flex anyway.

WRs are not important in this league. You only start 2, AND it's non-PPR. I would consider going RB-RB AND keeping Cj and Blount. 4 top RBs means you can start 3 always, regardless of injury to one or byes.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions