1st yr Keeper league 2nd pick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

1st yr Keeper league 2nd pick

Moderator: Football Moderators

1st yr Keeper league 2nd pick

Postby Toughguy22 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:15 pm

I have the 2nd pick of the draft and wondering what everyone would do. Standard scoring, NO PPR

I've been looking around the forum that there is a trend of AP,CJ, Foster
I realize Foster had an amazing year but he lost his lead blocker, he isn't going to have numbers close to that.

Is it crazy that I'm thinking of going with Ray Rice as my choice? I know he just had surgery but everything is healed up and he has Vonta Leach who helped Foster last year.
The ravens traded Mcgahee. Mclain isn't that good. I'm thinking Rice is going to be the guy in Baltimore to get all of the touches in 2011.

Charles is going to be splitting carries with T Jones however I do like his explosiveness.

Who would you take with 2nd pick?
Toughguy22
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 1st yr Keeper league 2nd pick

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:41 pm

First of all, welcome to the Cafe - hope you stick around this great place and we see more of you in the future ;-D

As for the #2 pick, I think Rice isn't crazy, but he's too much of a reach with two of the "Big 3" still on the board. Foster will likely go #1 and you'll be between Peterson and C.Johnson anyway, but if he doesn't go I think you have to go Foster anyway. He has great talent, is healthy and has a great situation, Leach or not. I think you're overstating the FB argument a bit here - shouldn't be ignored, but it's not important enough to make me change things up with the top 3. It's not like an aging LT losing Lorenzo Neal all while his offensive line was falling apart at the same time.

Personally I have them Foster, Johnson and Peterson, but you honestly can't go wrong with any of them in the preseason vacuum. Go with your preference, but I think you have to grab one of them or trade down a couple of spots and take the best left of Rice/McCoy and Charles ;-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:36 am

It is an interesting gamble to take Rice ahead of CJ or Peterson. I personally wouldn't but I see your logic. If you believe Rice to be on the fast track to an increase in points, go for it. Taking risks is how you win in FF. My personal choice would be Peterson as I like his reliability.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:49 am

bungle613 wrote:It is an interesting gamble to take Rice ahead of CJ or Peterson. I personally wouldn't but I see your logic. If you believe Rice to be on the fast track to an increase in points, go for it. Taking risks is how you win in FF. My personal choice would be Peterson as I like his reliability.

This is almost identical to a response I gave to someone in a conversation I had last week regarding nearly the same question. AP never finishes first, but he finishes close to the top every time. No drastic variations. For what its worth, I'm high on Rice as well, and if AP goes 1st, I would take him myself.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions