Targeting teammates - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Targeting teammates

Moderator: Football Moderators

Targeting teammates

Postby StixItClose » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:21 pm

Hey guys,

What do you guys think of making it a point of drafting teammates together in QB/WR-TE situations? Not necessarily targeting a guy just because he plays with your QB, but letting that break a tie if necessary. For example, in my mocks I've tended to draft Rodgers and find myself choosing Jennings or Finley over comparable players. Does it matter?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
StixItClose
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Targeting teammates

Postby Indibuck » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:03 pm

I am not a fan of it at all. Both teammates can have strong numbers at the end of the year, but the fluctuation of scoring on a week-to-week basis means you may drop a matchup or two that you might not have if the players were on different teams. It's not worth the risk of the occasional monster games that a good QB/WR or QB/TE combo can give you.

As long as it's the right offense, I don't mind having a RB/WR combo, or even a QB/RB combo... fluctuation in scoring is less pronounced with these combinations.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby dream_017 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:07 pm

Indibuck wrote:I am not a fan of it at all. Both teammates can have strong numbers at the end of the year, but the fluctuation of scoring on a week-to-week basis means you may drop a matchup or two that you might not have if the players were on different teams. It's not worth the risk of the occasional monster games that a good QB/WR or QB/TE combo can give you.

As long as it's the right offense, I don't mind having a RB/WR combo, or even a QB/RB combo... fluctuation in scoring is less pronounced with these combinations.

Totally agree. If it is close I will select the player that is not a teammate
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Shark1225 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:25 pm

I try to avoid it when bulding a team. As the year progresses and I have a weak team then maybe I try to set that up for some big weeks, but then you also have to be prepared to get spanked when the team is shutout.

What I strive for is balance and consistancy. If one team is shutdown you don't want that to effect more than one player, especially a QB and WR1 or RB1.
QB: BREES, Cutler
RB: TURNER, MCGAHEE, R. JENNINGS, Leshoure, D. Williams, Hillman, Hunter, Dwyer
WR: CRUZ, GARCON, Amendola, Edwards, D. Baldwin
TE: GRAHAM
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 20)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions