6th pick in 12 team redraft on Yahoo. WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

6th pick in 12 team redraft on Yahoo. WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

6th pick in 12 team redraft on Yahoo. WHIR

Postby Jai » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Just looking for help on my first pick, maybe some solid reasoning as to why I shouldn't go Vick.

Picking 6th in a 12 team, redraft league. Snake draft. PPR and high scoring for QB's.

I've narrowed my 1st round choice down to:
-Mike Vick - I really want Vick but not sure I should reach at 6. I'm 100% sure he wont make it to me in the second round. In this league QB's fly off the board early and often (On average 7 of the 12-14 first picks are QB's).
-Jamaal Charles
-LeSean MCcoy
-Andre/Calvin Johnson

I'll return the favor on your post just leave a link.

Let me know if more info is needed.
Jai
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 6th pick in 12 team redraft on Yahoo. WHIR

Postby T Long » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:39 pm

Because of how QB's are taken in your league I can see how you're strongly considering Vick. I'd still have to say it's too risky to take him that early, especially with Charles being available. I'd go Charles, much much safer and with PPR he'll be awesome.

viewtopic.php?t=491089
T Long
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:05 pm

Man, too many people reading ESPN these days...

At 6 I'm going remaining player between Foster, CJ2K, ADP, Charles, Rice and McCoy EVERY time.

I'm guessing "high scoring for QBs" simply means 6-point passing TDs? If so, that changes nothing of QB value other than arbitrarily increasing all of them. Unless you have 4-point passing TDs and rushing TDs I think Vick's value changes not in the least. So, barring some information on the scoring system that changes my mind, I think I'd advise you to avoid Vick and take the best RB available or one of the Johnsons at WR if you really don't, for some reason, want McCoy ...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby P1Army » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:25 pm

Oh man piss on all that too early for Vick noise. I was touting him as #1 off the board earlier this off season before their huge upgrades on defense. Those corner backs will be murderous on 3rd down conversions. That will give the offense more possessions per game, more possessions=more points. Vick is a stud and the eagles are going to dominate. Don’t be afraid to reach early if you can get him. If you have any reservations about his durability just get a decent backup somewhere around round 8 or 9. Here’s hoping he falls to you. I really hope I have a bunch of cowards in my league too scared to reach on him. I’d snag him at any point in the 1st round.
Send questions direct to my twitter account @gallegosdavidm
P1Army
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:16 pm

P1Army wrote:Oh man piss on all that too early for Vick noise. I was touting him as #1 off the board earlier this off season before their huge upgrades on defense. Those corner backs will be murderous on 3rd down conversions. That will give the offense more possessions per game, more possessions=more points. Vick is a stud and the eagles are going to dominate. Don’t be afraid to reach early if you can get him. If you have any reservations about his durability just get a decent backup somewhere around round 8 or 9. Here’s hoping he falls to you. I really hope I have a bunch of cowards in my league too scared to reach on him. I’d snag him at any point in the 1st round.

You like to play the slots, eh? :-b
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Indibuck » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:19 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Man, too many people reading ESPN these days...

At 6 I'm going remaining player between Foster, CJ2K, ADP, Charles, Rice and McCoy EVERY time.

I'm guessing "high scoring for QBs" simply means 6-point passing TDs? If so, that changes nothing of QB value other than arbitrarily increasing all of them. Unless you have 4-point passing TDs and rushing TDs I think Vick's value changes not in the least. So, barring some information on the scoring system that changes my mind, I think I'd advise you to avoid Vick and take the best RB available or one of the Johnsons at WR if you really don't, for some reason, want McCoy ...

;-D X 10
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Jai » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:45 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Man, too many people reading ESPN these days...

Thanks for your input, it's much appreciated but I pride myself on not being an ESPN parrot ;-)

QB scoring in my league is 1 point per completion, 1 point per 20 yards, then 2 points at 200, 3 points at 300, 4 points at 400, 2 points per 40 yard completion, 3 points per 40 TD completion, 6 points per TD.

QB's are the premium position in this league and we only start 1. Does this change your opinion at all? I should've posted the QB scoring in my first post, sry bout that.
Jai
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby P1Army » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:30 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
P1Army wrote:Oh man piss on all that too early for Vick noise.

Not really playing the slots. in 12 games he outplayed every other guy at his position specially counting both passing and rushing stats. The eagles have an improved defense and a solid ground game with the addition of Ronnie Brown. It's a very high reward, medium risk move taking Vick early. Aaron Rodgers missed games last year too but no one is dissing his durability. Look at Brady 2 seasons ago...there are no sure things in fantasy only risk and reward.
Send questions direct to my twitter account @gallegosdavidm
P1Army
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:50 pm

P1Army wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:
P1Army wrote:Oh man piss on all that too early for Vick noise.

Not really playing the slots. in 12 games he outplayed every other guy at his position specially counting both passing and rushing stats. The eagles have an improved defense and a solid ground game with the addition of Ronnie Brown. It's a very high reward, medium risk move taking Vick early. Aaron Rodgers missed games last year too but no one is dissing his durability. Look at Brady 2 seasons ago...there are no sure things in fantasy only risk and reward.

Medium risk? OK, maybe you just play dollar slots, but still slots nonetheless :-b
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby BartenderWJT » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:29 pm

What Jai said!!!

Also, I can understand CJ slipping this year due to the holdout... but I would take Vick before Rice and McCoy....
Unless it's a $$$ league, do you really want to be in a league where any of the four are available at 6?
Those players shouldn't have even been in the discussion.
BartenderWJT
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions