Ronnie Brown - Vick impact - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Ronnie Brown - Vick impact

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ronnie Brown - Vick impact

Postby Wolfpac11680 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:51 pm

With Brown signing with the Eagles what does this do to Vick's value. Keeping Vick currently since passing TDs are only 4, but rushing/receiving are 6 points. I'm scared that Brown now really hurts Vick's value. Thoughts?
Wolfpac11680
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ronnie Brown - Vick impact

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:59 pm

How do you figure? Not being abrasive btw, just wondering the thinking behind this :-?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Indibuck » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:01 pm

I don't think that Brown signing with PHI does anything to any of the starter's value. Brown is a change of pace back and handcuff to McCoy.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Wolfpac11680 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:07 pm

I'm afraid that now the Eagles have a bigger RB they might actually pound the ball or run wild cat plays in the red zone verses using the Vick bootleg.

Or am I over analyzing?
Wolfpac11680
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Indibuck » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:00 pm

Wolfpac11680 wrote:I'm afraid that now the Eagles have a bigger RB they might actually pound the ball or run wild cat plays in the red zone verses using the Vick bootleg.

Or am I over analyzing?

Yep. Brown's value is as a handcuff/hostage for the McCoy owner.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:16 pm

Wolfpac11680 wrote:I'm afraid that now the Eagles have a bigger RB they might actually pound the ball or run wild cat plays in the red zone verses using the Vick bootleg.

Or am I over analyzing?

It's the Andy-Reid led Eagles still, they'll be passing 70% of the time, and aside from some of the new gimmicks you'll see here and there I don't think it'll change a thing in the long run. Not great news for McCoy owners, no effect on Vick owners IMO :-?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slick56 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:57 pm

Look for the deep bomb pass on the 1st offensive play in most games. But really, Brown will be a change of pace RB to McCoy only, def not a wildcat offense. The only worry you should have is Vick staying healthy
slick56
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Shark1225 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:33 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:

Or am I over analyzing?

It's the Andy-Reid led Eagles still, they'll be passing 70% of the time, and aside from some of the new gimmicks you'll see here and there I don't think it'll change a thing in the long run. Not great news for McCoy owners, no effect on Vick owners IMO :-?

I see no change to Vick's value, maybe a little up if any. He will likely take about 100+ yards and possible a TD or 2 away from McCoy. I see Brown getting 400-500 yards most of which would have gone to the previous #2 RB.

BTW, whaddya bet Vick catches at least one pass this year from Brown?
QB: BREES, Cutler
RB: TURNER, MCGAHEE, R. JENNINGS, Leshoure, D. Williams, Hillman, Hunter, Dwyer
WR: CRUZ, GARCON, Amendola, Edwards, D. Baldwin
TE: GRAHAM
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 20)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions